Auctiva Website    Auctiva Community    Auctiva’s eBay sellers forum  Hop To Forum Categories  New Pricing Structure    Apology & Announcing New Pricing
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apology & Announcing New Pricing
 Login/Join 
Auctiva CEO
Elite
Picture of Auctiva Jeff
posted
Dear Community:

First of all, I would like to start out by saying that as Auctiva's founder and CEO, I am very sorry and humbly apologize for any frustration and anxiety we caused you to experience about the future of your business over the past week and a half. I know that these recent events have greatly upset our community and I take full responsibility for that. I am asking you to give me a chance to make it right.

Flat Rate Pricing

Auctiva is officially moving to flat monthly pricing: $9.95/mo. everything included

• 1GB Image Hosting
  • A Faster, Easier-To-Use One-page Lister
  • Bigger Supersized Images
  • Better-looking Templates
  • eBay's Most Popular Scrolling Gallery
  • Free Scheduling
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • plus all of our other time and money saving tools

In addition to our Standard flat rate plan, we have a special Starter flat rate plan for ultra-casual sellers: $2.95/mo., up to 15 listings, 500MB image hosting.

Why Change Now?

Since we first announced our new pricing structure, I’ve been listening to the community's concerns. Considering the frank feedback you’ve provided, through email, surveys, customer support cases, our community messages boards and other forums, a few facts are abundantly clear:

• You’d prefer a simple, no-surprises flat-rate pricing structure.
  • You don’t want to pay any additional FVFs.
  • You want image hosting included.
  • Your margins are tight.

If you are asking yourself, “Why didn’t they just use this pricing in the beginning?” the answer is that I thought our customers would like to have the choice of picking a tailored plan based on usage. Clearly, I was wrong. All too often, large companies fail to listen to their customers. Auctiva’s brightest future includes the users who brought us this far. I am making this change now so you can get back to doing business. I sincerely hope that this pricing change allows you to continue using the tools you have come to depend on.

If you have already chosen a plan and want to switch to one of the new flat rate plans, just go back and choose a new one. If you like the plan you already picked and want to stay on it, we will support that. If you still only want to use our free marketing tools, that is still available as well. If you would like one-on-one help for any reason, contact our Customer Support team. Thank you for your business, loyalty and understanding.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schlicht
CEO, Auctiva Corporation

[edited for the addition of a missing word: "to"]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Auctiva Cara,

============

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/auctivajeff

Posts: 2479 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 44 | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff, You de man! I for one have been and always will be a loyal customer. I love the way you handled it.

Posts: 12 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Patience is a virtue. To all of you who stuck it out and waited, it paid off. To those that left in a screaming fit, hahahahaha.

Jeff you did great. Now, can you please work on the yahoos at FEEBAY and get them to listen to their customers.....lol

I paid the $180 upfront, no big deal. I am assuming that for those of us that did this we wont be billed for 18 months, is that correct or do we need to contact support? If you want to keep it that is fine with me and I will catch up to you then.

Posts: 41 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
I am so happy to see this flat rate.

Just some questions here:

1, can I hook one Auctiva account to more than 1 ebay accounts? --- Like Ixxxfrog.
2, Is that possible that I can put my Auctiva account on HOLD for short period without paying the monthly fee? For example, no listing during vacations.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Posts: 26 | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
It's a shame. Because of all the pricing controversy I'm already out. Had it not taken this long to arrive at this I would have definitely stayed. I had a lot of time and effort involved in my listings. Oh well, best of luck

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your time and efforts. I am glad that I was patient and that you listened to your customers. The new plan is just fine.

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jeff, for both the new very acceptable pricing plan and the apology which is very much appreciated. I respect you totally for that.

I waited and hoped and am very happy that I did. Although I wish I could have stayed with your initial prices there was just no way I could have. I found other sites better suited to my budget and even though they would be cheaper running multiple accounts I will be staying and paying on a per account basis. I am happy to do this as it is now a reasonable price and I wish to now pay for a service that I have used and profited from for many years.

Thank you (really big sigh)

Posts: 31 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: June 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jeff Smile

Now... any chance the $180. in advance non-refundable deal can become refundable if
and ONLY IF eBay somewhere along the line before the 18 months is up prohibits use of 3rd party listing?

Just sleep on it.

Geo

Posts: 31 | Registered: April 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Bravo Jeff! Very well stated!

I certainly hope that those who chose to leave Auctiva over the initial fee structure will take a moment or two to reconsider. I don't know of a person out there who has never made a mistake or an error in judgement...but I DO know of far too many who would have never gone to the extent that you have gone to in order to make things right. Good job!

Posts: 96 | Registered: June 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
Everything looks good to me also. I waited even though I had 1200 listings through auctiva to see what would happen.
The only thing I hated to see change was the image fee structure. I liked the Unlimited at 19.95 a month. That with the 9.95 along with my ebay store fee would have offset my other option I was looking at instead of auctiva.
Would it be a option to have a one price for unlimited images. 19.95-24.95 + the standard 9.95.
Either way I am happy with the price structure now created.

Posts: 204 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elite
Picture of LifeisLike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geo:
Thanks, Jeff Smile

Now... any chance the $180. in advance non-refundable deal can become refundable if
and ONLY IF eBay somewhere along the line before the 18 months is up prohibits use of 3rd party listing?

Just sleep on it.

Geo,
Here is a reply Jeff gave to someone on another thread regarding those who had paid $180.00 upfront. Perhaps you could just request a refund now,,insteand of risking what eBay may or may not do and choose a plan from the new pricing plans.

Here is the reply from another thread:

Posted June 08, 2009 06:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
They'll be able to choose the new pricing and a refund, or to stay with what they have. Support will be handling that.

Posts: 3027 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff
It takes a big man with a lot of guts to admit they were wrong.
I will certainly be staying with Auctiva, now that I know what my fee will be each month.

You have made me a very happy person, and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of leok
posted Hide Post
Thats great news Jeff - thanks for listening!

My camera & studio gear : www.imagemelbourne.com.au

Posts: 59 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
Bravo!

I will once again be singing autiva's praises on the eBay boards.

They could learn a thing or two from you Jeff when it comes to listening to customers.

Thank you!

Posts: 14 | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
Picture of Ciscokid91
posted Hide Post
Jeff
Thanks for confirming that I made the right choice in staying! I have always used Auctiva and had planned on stayin until someone had to pry my cold hands from the keyboard!
Thanks for the sincere apology and I for one am looking forward with anticipation as AC moves forward. Keep on doin the right thang!

Gerald

www.treasurejourneys.auctivacommerce.com

Ciscokid91

Posts: 121 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Champion
Picture of Michelle G
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking care of this. Perhaps we can all get back to listing instead of spending loads of time moving pictures.

(Thanks for listening and communicatingSmile )

Michelle

Due to health issues I am no longer doing Auctiva Commerce webdesign or training.

Posts: 8137 | Location: The Beautiful Mountains in Colorado | Registered: June 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fabulous! Thank you Jeff!

www.parkavenuetradingco.com

Posts: 32 | Registered: June 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for listening. I am definetely staying!!! It is not often a company actually apologizes and admits to a mistake. Wow is all I can say, and so glad I stuck it out. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Jeff

I like the new plan. I want to change my Auctiva plan to the $9.95 plan; but I have one question. Will I also be paying $9.95 for my Auctiva Commerce store? That's not a problem; but I would like to know.

Kathy

Kathy

www.antiquesandtreasuresuntold.com

Don't quit! If you quit, you lose!

Posts: 99 | Location: Gastonia, NC | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post