Auctiva Website    Auctiva Community    Auctiva’s eBay sellers forum  Hop To Forum Categories  New Pricing Structure    Apology & Announcing New Pricing
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apology & Announcing New Pricing
 Login/Join 
Elite
Picture of LifeisLike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mightsellgrandpa:
by the way, why am I considered a NEWBIE on here? I've post before & have been a member of Auctiva since 2007???????????????

It doesn't go by how long you have been a member of Auctiva..it is based on the number of postings and then your status will change. It appears you have only had a few postings to this forum based on looking at your past postings. I'm not exactly sure how many you need to move 'up' the next title. Smile

Posts: 3027 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heardmuseum:
Sandra Q, who is "they"?

Are you talking about PayPal?
Is PayPal asking for a second credit card or is it Auctiva?
Are you a current Auctiva user signing up for the new $9.95 plan?
I am interested in your question, just not clear who is requiring additional credit card.

Are you new to being in the business world? No offense meant but Vacation planning should always have a contingency plan...

PS 5 grandchildren in a Public Library??????

It's always prudent to have a backup-plan if you have a business as "stuff" happens.

I think it's admirable that the kids were taken to a library. What's up with your criticism?

Posts: 96 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, there seems to be enough people that agree on some issues so........

Auctiva, please address the following:[

1. Why is there no loyalty perks?
2. Why do new customers get a free month but those who have been established customers get nothing?
3. Can a middle plan be established for those that don't feel they fall into the other plans? If not, Why?
4. Why aren't Power Sellers charged more?
5. Don't you think your loyal customers that have been with you deserve some kind of Thank You? If not, Why?
6. What would happenn to Auctiva if all the people who been with you thru the years decided to leave at the same time?
7. Since in todays economical crisis ebay items do not sell like they used to. Why not establish some kind of "credit back" for unsold items? Even eBay has some kind of break if you have to relist.
8. Is it possible to have a Senior tutorial?
9. Why are you not answering the many questions directed to you in this forum?

We can't get much more direct than asking you to (B]please answer the above questions[/B]. If you do, we all will appreciate it. If you don't, everyone will have to draw their own conclusions.

Posters: Feel free to add questions if I missed something.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't put credit cards or Paypal on file anywhere, why not let us pay yearly like a subscription?.

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
Picture of DLOHO
posted Hide Post
TO: CR Variety (and anyone else selling Collectible Coins &/or Currency on eBay)

Collectible Coins &/or Currency ARE covered by U-Pic through Auctiva. I just received confirmation from U-Pic.

FROM U-PIC: "Yes, Collectible Coins/Collectible Currency are covered. The coverage rules only list what is excluded, therefore, since collectible coins are not listed, they are covered." They went on to say that they will try to add a statement that Collectible Coins & Collectible Currency are covered but that it is up to Auctiva to add that statement to their coverage rules. That statement used to be there but was eliminated for some reason. I have used U-Pic's Insurance through Auctiva for years with no problems. Hope this info helps.

Doug

Posts: 205 | Location: Beautiful Central Oregon | Registered: December 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
did they really start wanting 49/mo plus final value fees? darn what a wreck!

everything should have been anticipated before implimenting!

not it looks like auctiva is letting the users perfect it for them to be able to understand how much they can charge w/o losing everyone.

users helped built this place with their input and there is no loyalty incentive? shame!

Posts: 10 | Registered: March 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of cornernest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hope and Pablo:
I have already signed up for the flat rate plan and done the paypal agreement but yet I am still seeing the warnings about my free trial running out. When I check my account status it says the same thing but then it has a pending plan effective 7/1. Do I need to do anything further or am I already set like I thought?
Thanks
Hope

Posts: 63 | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of cornernest
posted Hide Post
Hi Hope & Pablo
You might have already gotten you answer but I will share anyway.
The same exact thing happened to me. So I sent a support question about it. Telling them I already signed up for the $9.99 plan but was receiving warnings
I was not answered directly but within 18 hours I received an email saying "Congratulations you are signed up for your plan" And the warnings stopped

Posts: 63 | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I think that you are going about this all wrong! Ebay started off - as you well know - with very minimal charges/fees. As they increased their fees almost yearly they lost customers/sellers. You are about to commit online suicide in my opinion because you are going from FREE to a HIGH CHARGE of $9.95. Granted, I have enjoyed the FREE charge but it took me several years to get on board with Auctiva and use your templates, etc. I barely started doing so a year ago or less and here you are hitting me with a high charge. I have been selling on ebay for 8 years and barely opened an ebay store for $15.95 with them, not to mention their already high fees for every little thing we do there, especially the final value fees. I was so thrilled that Auctiva was doing something nice for us ebay sellers and I wouldn't mind paying small charges for your service to begin with, but to start out with such a high cost for unlimited access is very greedy indeed. I will now have to find a way to convert all my listings with you back to turbo lister so I will get busy with this as soon as possible. Auctiva was so great the way it was and I must have told a hundred people about your site over the course of the years, and now many of them are complaining to me instead. I wish I could stick around with you but it is not financially possible for me to do so. I think you will get some powersellers who will stick with you and I hope that makes your richer. Good Luck to you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess we all know where we stand now. Auctiva has had more than enough time to respond to the direct questions asked of them but they only seem to respond to questions that lets them pat themselves on the back. They have also had enough time to make some changes if they wanted to or at least say they were thinking about it. But now that they have our money we don't exist. Wouldn't it be nice if we could give people a little something to help us perfect our sites and then when they have helped us and get comfortable we could pick a date and collect $10 from each of them. Instant rich! I'd be curious as to how much they got on the cut off date. I think they will lose more and more people each month. Most of us didn't have the time to find and establish an account with a free auction lister but they are out there and ready to welcome us. Hopefully, they will answer our questions and reward us for our loyalty. Money and greed are not what life's about. It's sad, everyone really liked Auctiva.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
Picture of mastoyshop
posted Hide Post
All of this will be moot if ebay goes thru with their plans to eliminate the 3rd party templates and extra pictures.
which they say they plan to do by Sept. ... just in time for Christmas holiday shopping online which runs mid sept - mid Dec depending on year. Then all of this stress is for nothing. Auctiva collects 10 bucks each for how many thousands of sellers and disappears into the sunset.

Posts: 15 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
quote:
HIGH CHARGE of $9.95

I still don't understand how this is a HIGH charge. No one has been able to explain how to spend less than this a month for listing items.

The math I have done, has shown that even with only 10 listings, $9.95 a month saves me money and Auctiva actually offers a $2.95 a month plan for 15 listings.

quote:
and collect $10 from each of them. Instant rich

It continually amazes me how people can make emotionally reactive statements like this, with out educating themselves on WHY a certain change is happening.

Auctiva is not getting INSTANTLY rich on this deal. In fact, it is quite possible that they are earning LESS money with this new fee structure.

For those who don't know, Auctiva was free for so long because EBAY was paying them. Ebay was paying Auctiva based on the notion that Auctiva was generating NEW customers for ebay. Unfortunately this was not the case. Most new Auctiva users were already eBay users. Once ebay figured this out, they realized that they had been paying Auctiva for customers they already had. In June, ebay put an end to that revenue stream for Auctiva. So it was a simple desicion for Auctiva....Go out of business and lay off all their employees OR start charging users for the service.

It had nothing to do with screwing users (I say users, because in order to be a customer, first you have to actually pay for something) or being greedy and trying to get INSTANTLY rich.

As for "loyalty" of previous users....where is YOUR loyalty to a company, that has offered you YEARS of savings in listing fees.

The way I see it, Loyalty is towards someone who provides something, FROM someone who uses that something. Auctiva provided; you used and never gave anything back. So now, Auctiva has hit a very difficult time and is asking that you now pay a measly $10 a month for what they provide and you crap all over them and ask about their loyalty?

Posts: 73 | Registered: June 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
Picture of mastoyshop
posted Hide Post
first
I didnt say the word screwed you or someone else did.
I always listed on ebay for way before auctiva.
I dont SAVE any money on the 9.95 because I pay that ON TOP OF ebay listing fees.
Now I just pay both.
And now that ebay said they arent going to allow 3rd party (auctiva etc) listings after say sept.
well I wonder.
I dont mind paying 9.95 IF I get better service. two weeks ago on Sunday it took 5 hours to list 5 or 6 items... every page was a hang up.
Auctiva was easy and fairly fast before they started the separate store program.
Im not sure how its going to play out.
I also didnt mention the word loyalty.
there is none when money is involved these days.
I just felt that they should have started at 4.95 thru the end of the year for the old customers. Especially since ebay sales are down and the country is in such bad shape.
2.95 doesnt work for me bacause I list too many items.

Really when all is said and done... it will be a moot point by the end of the year.
I have appreciated Auctiva's service and told them so many times.... then they went to the stores and service deteriated. often up to 4 days to answer email about a problem.
Im not the only one who is feeling bad about it all. I guess we feel powerless to change.
And I am older and really dont want to have to learn a new way which seems to happen every 6 months these days. I have spent too much time on this wallering in the decisions.
then to have ebay pull the rug just sort of hit a soft spot.

Posts: 15 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didnt say the word screwed you or someone else did.

No, I wasn't referring to you. I have been on these boards for about a month engaged in conversation regarding this issue(Originally to find another alternative to Auctiva because their first payment option was more like Vendio and with the number of listings I have, it was going to cost me well over $80 a month to stay), and that is the general "feel" of many of the posts.

As for the $9.95 plan not saving you money, how can that be? I am not talking about how now we have to pay an additional $10 we didn't have to before, but the savings of using Auctiva still offsets the $10.

Example, listing a $.99 auction comparison between eBay and Auctiva:

ebay:

Scheduled list time - .10
6 super sized pictures (using picture pak) - .75
Listing border - .10

Auctiva:

Scheduled list time - 0
24 super sized pictures - 0
Listing border (template) - 0

With either option you still pay eBay the .15 insertion fee, however with Auctiva you don't have to pay all those additional .95 in fees to eBay. At 10 listings, that equals the $9.95 a month you would pay Auctiva. So for the first 10 listings your total insertion fees would be $1.10 for each, either way. One way you would pay all of the fees to ebay, the other you would split the fees between Auctiva and ebay, however on the 11th listing it would only cost you .15 instead of $1.10 by using Auctiva. Extrapolate that over 100 listings, and it is a HUGE savings. And Auctiva actually has a 15 listing plan at $2.95, so you would be saving money after the 3rd listing on that plan.

Now if you don't use any of those features in your listings, then you shouldn't be using Auctiva. I don't even know why you would use Auctiva when it was free, in that case. Just download eBay's Turbo lister. It allows you to create listings offline, so you don't have the internet / user lag and then just up load them when you are ready.

I do have one comment on a term you used though, you can't call yourself a Customer when you were using the site for free. In order to be a customer, you actually have to pay something. If you are not paying anything for a service, then you are simply a user. Like an email account. I have a yahoo account, but am not a yahoo customer because I am not paying them anything for the email service, I am just using it.

Posts: 73 | Registered: June 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elite
posted Hide Post
Auctiva was still making money off of their users whether they were directly charging or not. We may not have been paying fees but without their users they wouldn't have existed. If not "customer" then what?

But you do make fine points as far as the value of the $9.95 service. 100 listings per month and it pays for itself in scheduling alone...

Posts: 1844 | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
Finally a flat rate price after signing with another site...
I also felt 'bullied' and threatened by Auctiva to set up autopay with paypal. I have money in my Auctiva account easily plenty to pay for my services...but getting email after email and everytime I log in getting threatened my account of images might be closed because I have not linked my paypal account to Auctiva- so I did it against my will.

Posts: 24 | Location: NY | Registered: November 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff.

I think your pricing is very reasonable and I have to say i love your site.

strwb1

Posts: 1 | Location: WI | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post