Skip to main content

quote:
Auctiva Scrolling Gallery is moving up!

Starting December 18th, Auctiva Scrolling Gallery (one of the best marketing tools for your eBay business) is moving to the top of all future listings unless you specifically decide you want it at the bottom.

Whether you list with us, or just get the Auctiva Scrolling Gallery appended to your listings, go to your Auctiva account and set your preferences on where you would like the Auctiva Scrolling Gallery to appear on your listings.

This from another forum I belong to. The person who posted it said it was sent from Auctiva. Has anyone else gotten this email and is Auctiva really doing this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeah they are defaulted to the top when you sign up. I am just wondering what this email means? Is Auctiva pushing the SG to the top even if we have it set for bottom scroll? I have stated my opinion on this one before that if someone comes to see something on one of my auctions I do not want to distract them with a top SG and run the risk of them clicking off. Set the hook first and then try to reel the fish in ,is my philosophy. IMHO bottom scrolling gallery is the only way to go.
Dale the gallery should show on all of your auctions? Is it just specific items you are selling it does not show for?
Edit: Still have not received the email but did see one on the other forum I belong to.
Last edited by tazfrompa
If you already have it set to the bottom, or have it turned off we won't change that setting.

We are only moving it to the top for people that have it set to the top now but we append it to the bottom of their listings because they don't list with us. The email is primarily for those sellers who have it set to the top but probably don't know that because they're just used to us appending it to the bottom. So we're not actually changing anyones setting. We're just giving them the chance to change it to the bottom before we start.
Hi toonew
The setting change applies to all listings created from now on and not listings currently active on eBay.
To change active listings you need to get the HTML for the listings from the Auctiva saved listings folder (option shown on right hand side) and copy it via ebay -> revise item over the existing HTML.

Preview and check before submitting/committing in case anything has been broken. Smile
Hi
I have been reading about how to change your scrolling gallery to the bottom of your listing cause I have mine set this way for about a month now but it still shows up at the top. I really hate it there and wish it would take the change. I read choochooguy saying it would take place on new listings but it hasn't. I really rather not have it at all if it is on the top ruining my listing. I have tried many times to change it by selecting different styles and nothing is making it go to the bottom. How do I now get rid of it!? Do I have to cancel Auctiva all together to make it go away? Thanks Lori
Hi IOr1

Style changes alone do not affect the position of the SG.

This thread is nearly a year old and I notice now that following :-

Store tab -> Store Window -> Edit scrolling gallery

the options have now changed since March 2008.

In addition you now select the tab marked "Edit Text and Placement". Looking here I see mine selected as "Place below Description" which is what I set the placement to over a year ago.

What does yours show ?

Finally don't forget to click on the blue 'Save' button at the bottom of the page before moving on.
Hi
I can see how my rambling was confusing!... I do have it set to the bottom of description on the placement tab. What I was trying to say is that it wasn't working so along with having the placement at the bottom I tried the different styles to see if maybe that would force the SG to underneath the description and it didn't. So it seems to be stuck at the top and I would like to know how to get rid of it all together.
Thanks
Lori
PS - I did check again and it is still marked as "place below description'
Ok IOr1, but before you knock it out altogether, I would suggest that you file a support request with Auctiva directly.

Auctiva support should be able to sort this out for you as they can directly examine your listings and account settings.

The SG is a very useful feature, so clearly explain to them what is happening and what you have set and all should be resolved, but give them a few days as I reckon they are pretty busy at the moment finishing off the eCommerce store.
Yeah thanks...figured out a couple of things. I was using templates and (duh) it was copying the HTML. Auctiva might want to add that in. So I finally redid all my templates and it did put the scrolling under the description but it is still above the pictures - so now rather than being at the top it is in the middle of your listing Yeah! I cancelled my subscription to Auctiva. If they ever change it to be on the bottom of the whole listing I might use the service again. Thanks for the note though. Lori
Well Lori, I really think you are shooting yourself in the foot over this.

You should paste an affected listing into the template checking area and contact Auctiva support, many a problem like this has been found to be a user templating problem and not an Auctiva problem.

Oh and by the way Auctiva don't pay me to say this I am just a very happy user of nearly 4 years with Auctiva Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.