Skip to main content

I am in the US and have been without the scrolling screen about twenty-four hours. It's just not recognized on eBay anymore. Even in my ME PAGE where I've have a scrolling screen for many years - now blank - though the html is still imbedded there. So too in my listings where there was a scrolling screen now there suddenly isn't. I've filed a support case but I want to put this here any way in case someone else is having the same problem - they will know its not just them.
I hope this issue can be resolved. All seemed to start when in my scroll-er placement preferences I chose to put it on top of the listings. There was so much problems when it hit eBay that I then changed it to the bottom. Now I have no scrolling screen. Is there not a setting for no scrolling screen showing??? That way I can add my own when it hits eBay. Used to be that way and I put the html for the screen within my listing on Auctiva -- now I find I have to choose in placement -- why am I bound to choose anything??
Original Post
Hi hippophile1,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. Changing the placement of your scrolling gallery within your account preferences will not only change where the scrolling gallery is placed in new listings, so I don't believe the issue that is causing you to be unable to see the scrolling gallery in your eBay store and your existing listings is actually related to that change.

Assuming that you have not made any changes to your eBay store or existing listings that may have broken the scrolling gallery HTML code, I think it is likely that you just are not seeing it because the Flash add-on on your browser has been disabled or there is another problem with Flash Player.

If you go into the “Add-ons” section of your browser and look under “Plugins”, you should find one there that is named “Shockwave Flash” followed by a version number which allows you to see the scrolling gallery. It that add-on is disabled, then I believe re-enabling it will resolve the problem.

If you do not see this plugin within the “Add-ons” section of your browser, you may want to try re-installing Flash from the following site to see if that resolves the problem: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If you would like to set up your account such that the scrolling gallery will not be added to your future listings automatically, you can do so by mousing over the “My Account” tab within your account, selecting the “Acct Preferences” option under “Settings”, selecting “No” from the drop down menu labeled “Append Auctiva Scrolling Gallery to my listings” and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

If you were to go that route, you could then add the scrolling gallery to your listings manually by incorporating the scrolling gallery HTML code into your description HTML when posting your listings. You can access the HTML code used to generate your scrolling gallery by mousing over the “Stores” tab within your account and selecting the “Get HTML” option under “Scrolling Gallery”.

I was unable to locate the support case you mentioned submitting about this issue, so I am not sure whether you have found a solution to this problem yet. If you need further assistance with the issue, please follow up with us through your support case and we will be happy to continue working with you though.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.