Skip to main content

A few days ago I noticed this error message on the site while using Firefox 27.0.1. The "here" has a link that takes me back to the home page but it always messes up any newly created auctions I've listed. The error occurs around the time I go back and forth to the preview. Strange errors pop up in red text that make no sense. In all the years I've used the site I've never seen anything like this. Why is it doing this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Marjess,

Thanks for sharing your experience here. I am not aware of any current technical difficulties on our side that would explain why you have started receiving these messages, but I did some research about this particular error and it sounds like there is a good chance it is being caused by an add-on that is installed on your Firefox browser.

In order to confirm whether this is the case, I recommend starting Firefox in Safe Mode and then checking whether you continue to encounter the same errors thereafter. You should be able to launch Firefox in Safe Mode using the instructions on the following page:

https://support.mozilla.org/en...firefox-in-safe-mode

If you no longer encounter these errors while in Safe Mode, I then recommend reviewing your installed add-ons by selecting “Add-ons” from the “Tools” menu, and disabling any unnecessary add-ons (one by one if necessary) to see if you can identify which is causing the problem.

The only add-ons that are required for the use of Auctiva are Java(TM) Platform and Shockwave Flash.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with this, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.