Skip to main content

I keep getting an error message "Oops!Since optional or required shipping insurance is no longer allowed on eBay..." on one item I am trying to list. I deleted all the previous listings for this item. Then I completely re-did the listing as a 'created similar' and I still got the same message. But the item listing that I created it from, listed just fine. I put a new and different title on it, too. I can't figure it out!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jazz,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am not aware of any current technical difficulties that would explain the behavior you have described, but it definitely sounds like something strange is happening with this listing and we will be happy to look into the situation further.

If you are still encountering this issue, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will do our best to get to the bottom of this.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

-Mike
Hello DeeJa,

I am sorry to hear that you are running into difficulty posting listings.

It sounds like there may be some element of your description text or the text of a Seller Details profile that goes out with your listings where the phrasing is causing eBay's API to believe that your listing is making a claim about charging for insurance. Please understand that the API is likely operating off of keywords and it may just require a change of the wording of your listing to be able to have the listing post.

As you have already filed a support case, one of our support team will be able to have a look at the specific listing or listings where this has occurred and provide you with some detailed advice regarding this error message in the context of the listings that it occurred for. Please note that we respond to cases in the order they arrive and if your case has not already received a response, it will be updated shortly.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.