Skip to main content

Hi. I am trying to figure out up to what point I can automate the creation of listings.

I have to import thousands of products and normally this would be done completely via CSV.

However, it seems there are many restriction when it comes to the description area. There I must use placeholders or tags in order to put text and images.
The images need to be imported with captions, as there represent matching products.

The matching products are located in the description, not in the gallery.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
Heiko
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Hbdekor,

You can only include images in a .csv upload if they are externally hosted. You can use the URLs of where they are hosted in your images column, and if you are including multiple URLs, you need to separate them with the pipe character: "|". The images would need to have their captions in the location where you store them.

Otherwise, you would need to upload your images to your Auctiva account manually and add the captions within, then add the images to your listings.

If you encounter any difficulty with uploading a .csv file, please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of your account, letting us know what occurs for you so we can take a look.

- Craig
Hi Hbdekor,

As noted, you cannot add images to the description area in a .csv upload - they can only be added via .csv if they are externally hosted images in the PicURL column of the .csv file, which would place them in the order that you insert them just as though you were using the Select Images buttons on the One Page Lister in your Auctiva account.

There is a list of all potential column headings available on the Upload from File page of your account - just click on the "?" after # 3 on that page to see the list of column headings that can be used.

If you encounter difficulty, or have further questions, please file a support case letting us know where you are encountering trouble from under the Help tab of your account and we will be happy to look into it.

- Craig
Hello Hbdekor -

The only way you can import a template using a .csv file would be to include the entire HTML for the template in your description. I am not entirely clear on what you refer to as the "Description" tag, so I would strongly encourage you to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know what trouble you are encountering with your .csv upload so we can look into the specific difficulty you are encountering. We may then ask you to send us the file you are attempting to upload for review if it becomes necessary.

- Craig
Thanks, but it is not necessary to include the whole template code because the custom template can be mapped in bulk afterwards.

However, the Turbolister mapping doesn´t seem to work very well, as it didn´t map site id and ignored some other items.

That´s why there really should be a export function. It is a little bit frustrating to discover things bey trial and error.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.