Skip to main content

​Some of this stuff might seem minor to people who don't constantly use the platform - but after 10 years of doing the same thing they don't seem so minor anymore.

1. PHOTOS
​a. ​Easier way to​ move and/or​ delete photos

Give us the option to see photos as a list with details or ​just ​
as thumbnails. Then let us grab one or all or choose the first we want to delete and the last with all the ones inbetween​ (like you can grab photos in Picasa and I'm sure other photo programs). Having to click on a tiny little box for each photo is wearisome and time consuming​ and you know as well as I do that continual clicking of a mouse button is damaging to our tendons. The less we have to do the longer we can list​.

​b. On the IMAGE MANAGEMENT page put a Select All button at the bottom of the thumbnail column as well as at the top. When I transfer photos to their folders after creating a listing I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to make sure all of the photos go into the new folder. If they do - and if I forgot to check the "Select All" before I scrolled down I have to scroll back up to get to the button.​

c. There are many times when I use the same photos in several listings using the Save As New feature. Each time I have to delete all photos and re-attach them as I can't put the main photos in front of them without doing so - or - a similar scenario - it would be nice to be able to move the photos and re-arrange them without having to delete them and re-install them if I find I wanted one in front of another.

2. SHIPPING
a. Allow me to set parameter to always open "shipping tools"​ or at least have it open when I load a profile. Even though I use a profile to enter shipping information I still need to enter the weight and dimensions every time.​ As it is - if I have SHIPPING TOOLS maximized and I load a profile - the profile closes the box and I have to re-open it.​ (IF I open "SHIPPING TOOS" from the SKIP TO section at the top it opens the box for me. That's a good thing. If I enter a shipping profile either at the top of the page (load profiles) or on the shipping tool itself, it closes the box, even if I had it open.)

b. Move the ITEM DIMENSIONS box to the top so I don't have to scroll down to it when I ​open shipping tools. The Location, ship to locations, shipping options generally stay the same. Weight and size change almost every time.

3. POSTING ADS
I just relisted 10 duplicate items (7/28). I thought there was a filter to keep me from doing that. If there isn't one there should be.

4. TEMPLATES:
a. Why only 20 on a page. Why not an option for all? ​Why do I even have to ask. Just do it. ​I always click for it to show me 100, whereas, if I could set my preferred parameters I would have it always set to show all​ - Did I say always?

I'm clicking away my life. Less clicking in tiny boxes and more intuitive cursor landings throughout Auctiva.

b. Let me have a place to put favorite templates so I don't always have to search for them. I have never,ever,ever used a template from "Staff Picks" and find that a waste of space. I would prefer the landing page to just be ​either my favorites or ​my latest picks. The whole page.

c. ​If you want the staff picks portion to have meaning, have it pick up on key words from the listing and attempt to throw up a match. Better still - b. above.

d. When I open the template gallery have the cursor automatically go to the box for SEARCH TEMPLATES​ (as I said above, more cursor landings when pages are opened. There are a bunch of places that could be improved).​

​e. When I chose a template let me just hit enter instead of having to click on a bar ("Save Template to Listing").​ If I don't have to move my hand from the keyboard to a mouse, or vise versa, that is a good thing.

​4. CUSTOM ITEM SPECIFICS
a. I understand that the pop out box for custom item specifics comes from eBay and not Auctiva and I don't know if there is anything to be done about this - but it would be really nice if the top manufacturing companies would be represented at the top of the drop down list instead of having to scroll for them. ( US, China, Mexico, India, Japan, etc.)​. At the very least I should be able to type in the first letter of the country and have it jump to that area - as, I believe, all of the other item specifics allow me to do (except the United States would be superseded by UNKNOWN at the top of the list). If this is an eBay issue don't you folks communicate with eBay when you get ideas that make sense?

b. If something was manufactured in England (or Occupied Japan) it doesn't seem right to say it was manufactured in the UK (or Japan). It's a period piece and should be honored as such.

c. Be consistent. Most of the item specific boxes allow me to type in them. The countries box does not. It would be quicker for me to type United States than to scroll/stop (hopefully on or near the right one)/and click.

5. SPELL CHECK
a. When I use the spell check and click on DONE when I am finished, don't make me click again on a box that tells me there were no corrections - or how many corrections I had. That is just another wasted click. In fact, better than that underline the mistakes right in the text so I can change the ones I want right there without having to call up an exterior box to do so.

b. When I tell spell check to ignore ALL - don't throw up a box that tells me it "ignored 2 instances" of the word that I have to click away. That's an extra frivolous click. In fact - if we had a real spell checker we would be given the opportunity to add the word to the dictionary.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.