Skip to main content

When I'm over on ebay, and I browse past sales, I see that eBay will show me my buyers email address for 30 days after the sale (I think it's 30 days...maybe it's 14...I dunno. The bottom line is they show me the email address for "x" days).

They do this, reluctantly. They love to not show us their email address at all, but when they tried that, they had all sorts of issues because there's just too many reasons why we sellers need their email address. eBay quits displaying their email address after "x" days, because they want to thwart the possibility of using trading directly, off of ebay.

Now, we come to Auctiva. If I look at my sales report thru Auctiva, I see Auctiva doing the same thing. Can someone explain why? Auctiva isn't owned by ebay. Auctiva doesn't care if we trade directly with someone. You can't tell me that eBay requires this of Auctiva, or they'd require it of other third party vendors like Vendio or Stitch. Heck, even Magento doesn't sweep buyers email address from their database, and Magento is owned by eBay!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.