Skip to main content

I am trying to put items up for auction using Ebay via Auctiva, Have been with Auctiva for sometime now, but over the last few weeks, have been unable to put a description on, I am not able to choose the font or font size that I require, nor can I change the colour of the font, or even highlight. So tried doing this all on Word, to copy and paste, that didn't work either, have sent an email to Auctiva probably for them to tell me that there are no known problems. Can anyone else out there please help, much appreciated. Sharon
s.shachar
Original Post
Hi shazian22,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It sounds like you must have recently updated to Internet Explorer 11.0 because we have recently become aware of some compatibility issues between that new browser and the description editor on our site which can cause behavior similar to what you have described.

Our technical team is currently looking into the cause of these issues and we will implement a solution as soon as we can, but I cannot be certain when that may happen at this point in time.

Provided you are indeed seeing this behavior through Internet Explorer 11.0, you should potentially be able to work around the issue by using the “Emulation” option to run Internet Explorer 11.0 in Internet Explorer 10.0 mode, which can be done via the following process.

1) Open up Internet Explorer 11
2) Press ‘Alt’ key on your keyboard to bring up the top menu. And then go to Tools
3) Developer Tools. Alternatively you can just press the ‘F12’ key on your keyboard.
4) This will bring up the IE developer tools at the bottom left.
5) Scroll and select the “Emulation” icon (or press Ctrl + 8) in the 'Developer Tools' section, you will need to select 10 from the pull down menu next to Document Mode to get the IE 10 compatibility mode.

Since these issues are specific to Internet Explorer 11.0, you should also be able to workaround them by using an alternate browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, which can be downloaded at no cost from the following sites:

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

I was also able to locate the support case you filed on this subject and I see that you were provided with the same information yesterday, but I figured I would update this thread as well in case you did not receive the reply or this information may be useful to others who are experiencing similar difficulties.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.