Skip to main content

PROBLEM #1: If you cut and paste your item title into your description area, which I have done for many years, Auctiva now adds a QUESTION MARK behind your text. The "?" is not visible until after the listing is saved, so you will not see it until after you publish your listing. I presently DOUBLE my work by checking saved listings for this error, which is a waste of time. If you leave the question mark in your listing, it makes it look like you do not know for sure what you are describing, which is no good. Note to Auctiva software engineers: adding spaces with the space bar after inserting text appears to eliminate the question mark insertion, but, of course, it creates a goofy looking listing.

Problem #2: Auctiva listings now default to "Accept Offers From Buyers", which is unwelcome for sellers like me. I can train myself to UNCHECK a feature that I never wanted in the first place, but why can't Auctiva fix their own problem?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi John in Santa Cruz,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I reviewed this message as well as the support case you filed regarding these issues, but I could not reproduce either issue from my end so I wrote back to you to request some additional information to help determine what is causing the behavior you have reported.

Please reply to your case with the requested information when you have a chance, and we will be happy to continue working with you. Provided that these issues were introduced as part of a recent update, we will do our best to get them resolved.

We apologize for the difficulties.

-Mike
We have two different Auctiva accounts; one for each eBay store. The problem is only with the valtermotousa account. Another possible related symptom is that, with the problem account, the cut/paste text is reduced to the smallest available font and changed from bold to plain, when I paste over the text im my listings, using the CREATE SIMILAR option. This only happens with the valtermotousa account, and not the johnm_99 account. Both accounts are the same type of subscription and I use them in the same way, which is why I am annoyed with the problems in the one account, while the other works as normal. I prefer using Chrome browser, but I also have Firefox and IE. Just for the heck of it, I will try some new listings now with the other browsers, to see if the problem remains.
Hi John in Santa Cruz,

Thanks for the clarification.

I checked both of your accounts and noticed that your account with username “johnm_99” is using an older version of our description editor that we have been working to phase out for quite some time, so that could certainly have something to do with some of the differing behavior between the accounts.

However, given that we are phasing out that version of the editor, it would not be possible to update your other Auctiva account with username “valtermotousa”, so we will need to work on coming up with a solution that will allow you to use the newer description editor successfully.

I did review the issues you reported in your original post in the context of your “valtermotousa” account and was unable to reproduce them, which is why I will need some additional information from you to pursue those further if they continue to occur.

That being said, I believe I see what you mean with respect to the copy/paste issue in your latest message and I will bring that up with our technical team in case we can configure the newer version of the description editor to operate like the older one in that regard.

-Mike
Create Similar (I almost never create "new" listings from scratch) listings where I cut and paste the item title into the description area will have a "?" question mark added by the Auctiva system, which must be edited out later. I can over-ride the defect in the system by adding one or more blank spaces after I cut and paste into the text area, and the extra blank space or two is not as objectionable as a question mark. An example of where I have used this method is listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ageName=STRK:MESE:IT . There are two other new system defects of note: Use of the cut and paste option changes the text to the smallest possible text, instead of matching the size of the text that is being replaced, as it used to be in the past. The other defect is uploading photos. The Auctiva system will organize and load the photos according to position in the file, earliest first, and NOT according to the sequence that I cut and drag them to be loaded. I take many photos for possible use, and then I want to be the one to decide which photos and in what order to use them in a listing, not the Auctiva image loader. SO THREE NEW PROBLEMS WITH THE NEW AUCTIVA SOFTWARE.
UPDATE: I prefer to use the Google Chrome browser, and that was the basis for my initial reports. I did try Firefox and found that the addition of the annoying "?" question mark never occurs. I only found one listing where Auctiva messed with the order of adding photos during the choose and drag process, using Firefox, which is a big improvement over Chrome. The system defect of reverting to the smallest print when replacing text in the description body remains unchanged with Firefox. I was going to try to use Internet Explorer for the test, but system errors prevent me from logging in. It recognizes my Auctiva account, but keeps asking me to "log in", when only the "log out" button is available, which I try to use, to no avail. So IE browser is not compatible at all with the new Auctiva system.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.