Skip to main content

For about the past week, I can't pick up the categories that I need to list something under without it saying,"You must use a link in the tree." I am trying to and never had this happen in all the years I've been on Auctiva. Anyone else having this problem and Auctiva, can you fix it for me? Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello LindaBelle,

There is currently an intermittent known issue with the category selection where at times the message 'You must select a leaf category' displays at the end of your selection path when attempting to choose a category. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently seeking a solution.

When this occurs you can typically navigate away from the category selection area and then return to it to try again and if needed you can also clear the cache of your browser after saving your listings and try again.

We will update this thread as soon as more information regarding this issue becomes available.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Craig
Hello katnip -

I am sorry to hear that you've run into some difficulty with the site. We're not aware of any issues on our end either at that time or presently that would cause an issue such as you have described. As noted there is an issue at this time regarding intermittent difficulties selecting a leaf category, but the site has been up and operating normally otherwise.

If this difficulty is persisting for you, I suggest you first try clearing the cache of your browser to ensure that it has not cached any of the site pages erroneously and if the problem continues after that, please try resetting your router/modem. Should you continue to have issue at that time, please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know and please include your operating system and browser information so we can look into it further.

- Craig
I have been having problems with this 'select a leaf category' for some time now, and so has my brother. I am sure there are many experiencing this. The reply from customer support is that it is being looked into. It is becoming intolerable. Listings at times are impossible to do, and WE are paying for thus dreadful service. Can't understand why Auctiva are getting so bad; they were always very good.
Hi Graham,

I'm terribly sorry for the category issue and the inconvenience it's caused! As our support team has mentioned, we are aware of this and are actively working on a fix for it now. Unfortunately this issue has taken some time to investigate and build a solution for, but the fix is just about ready and should be live soon.
Again, I'm sorry about this frustrating issue, but in the mean time, while we work to fix it, please know you can "work around" this issue by closing the Select Category window and reopening it–or if it's a category you've recently used, you can alway use the "Select recently used category" drop down menu to choose the category.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Hello Community,

We've made some adjustments in our system to resolve the issue with the leaf category selection issue that was occurring so you should no longer encounter that issue going forward.

Should you encounter such messaging while trying to select a category from this point forward, please file a support case letting us know and please include the category where you have encountered it so we can look into it further.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.