Skip to main content

So, I'm having success with your CSV files.
I create 100 listings, in Excel, and then export to CSV.

Then, using Auctiva's bulk editing tools, I apply a decorative template. Easy enuf.

However, I need eBay to host my images, thus I need the flag field "Enable Optional eBay Gallery Images" turned on. Is there any way to bulk edit my 100 listings, or flip this flag within the CSV file? Please don't tell me I need to open each listing in Auctiva, one at a time.

Also, what about the flag to offer promotional shipping..."Apply my eBay promotional shipping rule"? How can I bulk turn that flag on?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi PhilthyCollins,

As I mentioned when I replied to another of your recent forum threads, we do not currently offer an option that would allow you to enable the “Optional eBay Gallery Images” setting as part of the CSV upload. Similarly, we also do not offer any functionality that would allow you to enable this setting in bulk from your Saved Listings page.

I do not know of a way to specifically select a Promotional Shipping Rule in bulk (or from a CSV file) either, but I will let our Product Management team know that is something you would like to see made possible with a future site update as well.

-Mike
ok, well...if there's no way to enable Optional eBay Gallery Images via CSV nor in bulk from Saved Listings, and if there's no way to set the promotional shipping rule flag in bulk, nor within CSV files, then trying to use CSV files for mass uploads, is of little use to me.

That takes me back then, to using eBay's File Exchange utility. I'm fine using their File Exchange program, with CSV files, to get my large amounts of listings into eBay...except for one thing. eBay's relisting options stink.

Your relist profiles are a huge benefit to me. I need to relist my listings, every 3 days, and lower the starting price by $1, each time.

See my dilemma? Got any ideas for me?
What if I launched all my listings, via CSV thru eBay, for 3 days. Then, those that ended with no buyer could be imported into Auctiva. All my necessary flag fields would be already turned on. I'd just have to bulk assign a relist profile, and then relaunch them thru Auctiva.

Pretty messy, to accomplish something rather basic, but would that work?
Hi PhilthyCollins,

The idea you mentioned could work in theory but, at present, I believe that process would be blocked by a current issue which is causing the eBay Gallery images imported by that process to be smaller than the original images such that may not be 500 px on the longest side.

Although this never proved to be particularly problematic in the past, eBay started rejecting listings which have Gallery images that are not at least 500 px on the longest side specified within the last month, so this may now cause items imported in this manner to fail unless the eBay Gallery images are updated.

However, the “Import Listings” tool should pick up whether your Promotional Shipping Rule was selected for your listings so using that approach may prevent you from having to select that option in each individual listing.

For the time being, I simply do not know of a solution that would allow you to upload your items into Auctiva in bulk that would not require making revisions on an individual basis to update your selections for at least one of these options.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.