Auctiva Website    Auctiva Community    Auctiva’s eBay sellers forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Auctiva Commerce Storefronts    Can we have items listed on eBay and on Auctiva Commerce at the same time?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we have items listed on eBay and on Auctiva Commerce at the same time?
 Login/Join 
Rookie
posted
Can we list one item on both eBay and our Auctiva Commerce website at the same time? How will that be managed to ensure we do not sell the same item on both platforms? Will one listing automatically end when it sells on the other platform?

Posts: 11 | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of leok
posted Hide Post
eBay don't like you pulling listings off their site if the items sell elsewhere... so I imagine you will need to list any given item on one site or the other, not both simultaneously.

My camera & studio gear : www.imagemelbourne.com.au

Posts: 59 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
As far as I understand Auctiva is totally separate to ebay and you can sell what you like on it. I will be selling the same items on both for sure.

Posts: 113 | Registered: August 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of leok
posted Hide Post
Steven - so will I - when I have more than one of the item.

If you have just one off them - say a collectable coffee cup it would not be advisable to have it listed in auction format on eBay and in your Commerce store at the same time. You could probably do it for fixed price listings but then you'd pay two lots of listing fees and I doubt there will be any automatic linking of the two listings so you would risk selling the one item twice.

Official comment would be good!

Posts: 59 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
Jeff, Auctiva CEO,

I am assuming that since we are able to import our Auctiva.com listings into our Auctiva Commerce store, than you are planning on us listing both on eBay and our new Auctiva Commerce store (that is my plan). So, how will that be managed if we have one offs or low inventory?

Leok, Not sure what you mean. I pull things out of my eBay store at my own discretion. eBay has never had a problem with that and they have no idea weather or not it has sold somewhee else.

Posts: 11 | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of leok
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yourhomeessentials:
Leok, Not sure what you mean. I pull things out of my eBay store at my own discretion. eBay has never had a problem with that and they have no idea weather or not it has sold somewhee else.

Oh - I was under the impression it was not allowed for at least some listings, I think because all the car listings have a disclaimer stating that the item is advertised elsewhere. When I looked on the item page there is no "remove" option.

EBay definitely DO have a policy that you are not allowed to ask your eBay buyers to buy the item through some method not involving eBay.

However I just found the delete button on the "my eBay" page. What happens there? I guess you still have to pay the listing fees? I wonder if there are other restrictions too similar to the rules about editing your auctions....

posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that Auctiva Commerce is not intermingled with ebay at all. It has always been my understanding that auctiva is NOT part of ebay, other than being a listing service to ebay. Which is what I'm planning on. being able to use my auctiva saved listings for auctiva commerce.
It's a deal breaker for me if ebay and auctiva commerce are mingled. Once ebay gets their hands in the pot over here that will be the end of a separate venue such as auctiva commerce.

Posts: 7 | Location: nebraska | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Auctiva Marketing
Whiz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we list one item on both eBay and our Auctiva Commerce website at the same time? How will that be managed to ensure we do not sell the same item on both platforms? Will one listing automatically end when it sells on the other platform?

Yes, you can list an item on eBay and on your Auctiva Commerce store at the same time. Initially there will not be any sync between the two systems so you would be in danger of overselling. We know there are sellers who require a centralized inventory system. You could enter a sku into the system and then list one quantity to eBay auction, one to eBay fixed price 30 day, and another to your Auctiva Commerce store. A sale from any of these channels would decrement your quantity for that sku. Is this what you require? We are trying to get feedback from sellers on things like this so we can prioritize our efforts better.

Posts: 109 | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
Are you planning on implementing a sync between EBay listings and Auctiva store listings? ... So that if an items sells in one store it will end in both stores? That would be helpful for me who sells mostly individual items. Just curious.

Posts: 151 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my listings to eBay are generated through the Auctiva listing tool. Several questions:

1. Will the listings that I have already created and are in my "saved" Auctiva listings be ready for use with the Auctiva store? How do I get my saved Auctiva listings into my Auctiva store? How easy will that be?

2. Does Auctiva keep track of my updated inventory quantities. So, for example, if I originally listed qty-3, and now on eBay I have already sold 1, and have two remaining, does Auctiva realize this? I have never seen anything on Auctiva that indicates it is aware of my current quantity on hand.

3. If I have only 1 for sale, and it sells on eBay, will it automatically come down from sale on the Auctiva store?

4. If I have only 1 for sale, and it sells on Auctiva, will it automatically "end" from sale on eBay, or will I have to do this manually?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
I am a little confused about this. Are we going to be able to import our auctiva "active" listing or "saved listings"?

Are you ever planning on having a sync function between our ebay inventory and auctiva commerce inventory so that we do not over-sell a product?

I really want to start a store in January but the EBay sync feature is key for me.

If you think you will have it in the future I am definitely in.

If not I would have to rethink if I need a second store. Also I would probably have a limited selection in the Auctiva store.

I would really appreciate knowing the answer to this question.

Thanks!

Whiz
posted Hide Post
HI Again

Is it true that our Auctiva "active listings" folder would automatically delete items that have sold on EBay and only contain listings still for sale?

Is there a way to link our Auctiva "active listings" folder to our Auctiva commerce store?

I know nothing about website building so forgive me if this is a ridiculous question.

Thanks
Elisa

Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Simply put, it would be very helpful to have essentially one inventory base (either two separate but linked in the background so as to appear as one to us dumb S... users - or just one) so that when we wish to list, or auto relist items on ebay while having the same items also listed on our Auctiva commerce web site --- that the inventory function keep us from going over our item count as Auctive currently does very nicely on eBay listings.

The problem I had with Prostores and others is a total lack of inventory control - I take that back, I had a lot of problems with Pro stores - what a waste of time money and energy that was!

Bottom line, can we please have one central inventory data base to track all of our inventory listings on both ebay and our Auctive wab site so that we don't over list and are notified when stock count is low....?

Posts: 32 | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree with all the posts here that somehow linking the inventory is in our best interests. Although Ebay takes horrendous fees, many of us are small sellers who would not venture out into the wide wide world of standalone Ecommerce without at least a full one year period, maybe longer, of simultaneous selling on both Auctiva Commerce AND our Ebay auctions - this is kind of like not kicking the baby bird out of the nest until it can fly. SO -O-O-O a link that would sync the inventory would be helpful, almost mandatory, for my purchase of an Auctiva Commerce Store. Ideally, I would upload say, an inventory of 15 chachkas, clocks, vases, whatever, and some link to Eby would sense what I have for auction or fixed price there already, would immediately reduce my available inventory by that amount for purposes of Auctive Commerce buyers, and would then increase back up again by anything unsold at the end of the auction period. If I buy more inventory, I would have some button that would indicate an intentional and deliberate increase due to purchase, consignment or other, and a checkbox to remind us that we do not increase inventory due to unsold Ebay items with this entry - that part would be automatic. Does everyone agree?

Meg Russell, Ebay Seller

Posts: 5 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: October 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Depends on the item(s). I do it all the time but I make sure I have enough inventory to cover simultaneous sales at both sites.

Unique items are probably best listed at only one site.

Posts: 9 | Location: Milford, DE | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MegHomeDecor:
I absolutely agree with all the posts here that somehow linking the inventory is in our best interests. Although Ebay takes horrendous fees, many of us are small sellers who would not venture out into the wide wide world of standalone Ecommerce without at least a full one year period, maybe longer, of simultaneous selling on both Auctiva Commerce AND our Ebay auctions - this is kind of like not kicking the baby bird out of the nest until it can fly. SO -O-O-O a link that would sync the inventory would be helpful, almost mandatory, for my purchase of an Auctiva Commerce Store. Ideally, I would upload say, an inventory of 15 chachkas, clocks, vases, whatever, and some link to Eby would sense what I have for auction or fixed price there already, would immediately reduce my available inventory by that amount for purposes of Auctive Commerce buyers, and would then increase back up again by anything unsold at the end of the auction period. If I buy more inventory, I would have some button that would indicate an intentional and deliberate increase due to purchase, consignment or other, and a checkbox to remind us that we do not increase inventory due to unsold Ebay items with this entry - that part would be automatic. Does everyone agree?

Inventory control is a major problem if you are selling in more than one venue. I'm not sure you can expect a store front to keep track of your sales elsewhere.

Posts: 9 | Location: Milford, DE | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
Hi!

The New Prostores had the EBay inventory sync feature. It was sort of like turbo lister where you hit the sync button and it pulled in all your listings. If an item sold on EBay, your prostore item would end and vise versa.

The problem was importing the inventory. Yes the items cam in quickly, but they were in a type of limbo until you had to manually put each item into a store category.

Also since I used flat rate shipping and not calculated shipping I had to go into each item one by one to change the shipping because merchant defined shipping would not work.

I have 1600 items in my store and that was TOO MUCH editing for something that was advertised to be instant.

If Auctiva could figure out how to import our EBay inventory with current shipping set ups AND have everthing go into their proper store category I am getting a store ASAP BUT...

I also work a full time job in addition to my store so I do not have the time to set up a new store from scratch so that is my Dilemma.

posted Hide Post
Having used a few different systems to monitor my inventory including pro-stores, vendio, auctiva, and ebay...
I have a few requests. I sell mostly clothing with a quantity of 1 or 2 for each item. It becomes very daunting and confusing to try to track ebay listings and the inventory on my website. I really could use a centralized location for all my inventory and then decide wether I want it on my website, or to list it on ebay. I tend to lose accuracy on my inventory counts when I have to list items separately, or deduct from one inventory to add to another.
Also, it seems like I have to create listings for 1 item more than once, because ebay wants different information than my website. It would be great to do it once, and when listing on ebay, add or subtract the couple features that are different for ebay. (vendio seems to have that part down pretty well) I have a hard time listing all of my items because I usually have to do it twice. Once for my website and once for an ebay listing. I seem to spend all my time deciding where to list, making sure inventories are accurate in all locations, and then trying to figure out ways to bring it all back to my website so I can build my ecommerce business.
As much as I would love to not use ebay, my items listed on ebay have a much higher selling success rate than my website items. I am hoping that with a good ecommerce site with ebay integrated into my inventory system, I can start gaining more ecommerce sales and less ebay sales by having all customers check out through my site, and hopefully finding more items to buy.
I also think that the pro-stores ebay integration is aweful. There is no easy way to re-list or list items like we can on auctiva. There is no copy feature like auctiva, and the information given on prostores to monitor ebay listings is nothing like auctiva's. There are no templates, you can't use multiple images, and when using their sync system, you have to create an item in ebay, and then prostores will copy it to your inventory as a new item. This is a poor system for anyone not selling large quantities of the same item. The only thing I like about prostores is that I can list my item with a color/size selection on my website, and then when listing the item on ebay, I can choose what color/size to list by picking from a drop down box. I am able to have one listing for an item on my website with a color/size option and then on ebay, I can have the item listed the way ebay wants it, one listing per color/size.
Over all, pro-stores an ebay company, is not set up at all to help one have a website with the ability to list items on ebay. It seems that who ever came up with the integration never actually used ebay, had inventory, or a website.
I really hope auctiva can pull it off. As long as they can give us an ecommerce website that competes with others in our selling categories(features), and allows us to list our items on ebay with all the great features already offered on auctiva by using one centralized inventory system, I know I will be very happy!

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sessions!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Most of us can not give up EBay but would like to add another sales channel to compliment our EBay store.

Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Sessions - you said it all... or most all.

By the way, I too used Vendio and tried pro stores.. prostore is the pits but I found a way to list multiple pictures and my basic ad script I would develope for eBay on Vendio and have it pop up in Pro stores (you have go to change listing in ebay, copy the HTML in the box. make a few changes to it to work on pro store, then paste it in to the pro stores item editor... the result is that you get all of your pictures including going to the Vendio picture viewer) I am sure that if Vendio had found me out I would been put on the rack or some such... and it was still one big pain in the a$$ to have to go through all of that for each item... NOT TO MENTION THE COST, $20 plus on Pro Stores and I was averaging $70 per month on Vendio,,,,, Thank God I found Auctiva.

Anyway, if Auctiva can find a way to create a dynamic interactive inventory data base to use with Auctiva Commerce and Auctive/ebay - they will have a bonified winner. ---

Now one more request... I currently use Stamps.Com for postage/shipping label operations - why, because they let me use the DYMO labelwriter 330 which uses 3 part labels to printing the postage, address and tracking labels in one easy WATERPROOF thermal label that is quick and easy.... I dont have time to play "paper dolls" with full or half sheet label printing and gobbs of tape to protect the ink from getting wet in transit..... the DYMO is a real life saver when I have 20 or 30 items to ship. (it can't be beat when you have only one) --- of course, the problem is that I have to pay another $15 a month to use Stamps.com services (above the cost of postage)-- I have tried to use Paypal who claims they support the DYMO, but it does not work and is useless ... now if Auctiva could help with this - all would be well with the world. Can Auctiva provide a shipping capability that includes the DYMO Labelwriter as a viable option??? oh, and have that shipping cpability ALSO dovetail all ebay and Auctiva commerce web site sales.... I can dream can't I?

Posts: 32 | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
OMG kcattacam!

I have never heard of the DYMO lable printer but I will look into it. I am doing paper dolls right now!

I don't understand what you mean about changing the scripts on your listings but the sentiment is the same. We need an interface that can integrate all our various stores including EBay!

I would be happy with EBay and an Auctiva store if they could do it. I do not think I could handle more than that though.

Thanks for the tips!

Elisa

posted Hide Post
I have a question about auctiva commerce, I singed up for auctica comerece to build a website, do I launch my ebay action from the auctiva commerce site. and how do I link that ebay check out so people can check out from ebay thru my website so the can buy other stuff

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Whiz
posted Hide Post
Yes. What if any connections will there be to our EBay account?