Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi oaky,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I am uncertain exactly what may causing these difficulties but, based on what you have described, it sounds like some aspect of the cookie settings on your browser are most likely conflicting with the signin cookie which allows us to recognize you are signed in.

Provided you are using the Internet Explorer browser as your past support cases suggest may be the case, you should be able to set your browser to always accept cookies from our site by making the following adjustment within your browser preferences:

1) Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” (gear icon) menu
2) Click the “Privacy” tab on the ensuing window
3) Enter “www.auctiva.com” in the “Address of website” field and click “Allow”
4) Click the “OK” button
5) Click the similar “OK” button on the remaining window
6) Close and reopen your Internet Explorer browser to ensure the new settings take effect

If you continue to encounter the same behavior after making this change, or if you are using another browser, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” page within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Hi Mike, thanks very much for your reply. I use IE and did as you suggested. I show www.auctiva.com is an "allowed site" but I'm still not able to log into my Auctiva. When I try to Log In, it says Log In to Continue but it shows "welcome to minwife" with LOGOUT in a square below. I had things I wanted to list on eBay Sunday nite, but couldn't. This is so frustrating. I wish I could call you.
Cathy
Hi Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear that did not do the trick. I understand the behavior you are experiencing, but it is still not clear what may be causing you to be unable to stay logged in as you have described, especially since you have already set your Internet Explorer browser to always allow cookies from our site.

Before going any further, the next thing I recommend is conducting a test to determine whether this issue is specific to your Internet Explorer browser by attempting to use Auctiva through another of our supported browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

You can download either of these alternate browsers at no cost using the buttons available in the “Latest Browser” section on the following page of our site: https://www.auctiva.com/help/faq/most-commonly-asked/

Phone support is not available with your current plan but, if you need additional assistance with this, please open a support ticket from under the “Help” tab and we will be happy to continue working with you to troubleshoot this issue.

-Mike
Hi Cathy,

I'm pleased to hear that you are able to login to your account successfully through Google Chrome. Although that does not reveal why you have been encountered these difficulties when using Internet Explorer, it at least suggests the issue is isolated to your Internet Explorer browser and gives you the option to work around the issue by using another browser.

If you would like to create a desktop shortcut that will open Google Chrome directly, you should be able to do so via the following process:

1) Select “All Programs” from the Windows “Start” menu, which should be in the bottom left corner of your screen
2) Click the “Google Chrome” folder to reveal the Google Chrome application
3) Right click the application, then select “Send To” followed by “Desktop (create shortcut)”

If you would also like to make it so you are taken to the Auctiva.com site each time you open Google Chrome, you can do so from within the Chrome browser by doing the following:

1) Select “Settings” from the “Tools” (3 horizontal lines) menu in the upper right corner
2) Check the radio button next to “Open a specific page or set of pages. “ in the “On startup” section
3) Click the “Set Pages” link
4) Enter “www.auctiva.com” in the “Add a new page” field and click “OK”
5) Close and reopen the browser and you should be taken directly to Auctiva.com

I hope this helps!

-Mike
Hi kokomo,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

We have been receiving some similar reports of connectivity issues recently, primarily those who use Verizon internet services, and our technical team is currently looking into what may be causing the unusual slowness and/or timeouts that are occurring as a result.

Although we have not been able to find anything amiss on our side of things that would account for this behavior, we would definitely be interested in getting some more information from you that may help us determine the cause of these issues.

Please contact our Customer Support team about this directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to work with you on this.

-Mike
This is a new first for me with Auctiva -- after my last post, I managed to return to my saved ad and decided to have another go at changing the template. The procedure eventually timed out and I received a message (in red)that Auctiva was sorry, but my request could not be processed. I was given the option to be transferred to the community forum, which I accepted. No sooner than I arrived on this forum, but lo and behold, the left-hand side of the Auctiva template choices screen appeared on the same screen as this forum. Right now I have the Template choices on the left side of my screen, and this forum on the right side. Both on the same page. Quite a trick, Auctiva. Please straighten things out.
Hi quincyd,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention. We are aware of the issue that is preventing you from selecting/previewing the templates (backgrounds) in your listings and our technical team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will be posting further updates on the issue to the following thread of our Community Forum as additional information becomes available: https://community.auctiva.com/e...1020411/m/6657031766

That being said, I am not quite sure what may have caused the split window behavior you described. If you are still encountering that problem, I recommend restarting your browser and I am fairly certain you will no longer experience that when you navigate back to Auctiva.com.

We apologize for any inconveniences this is causing.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.