Skip to main content

Greetings All
Well as a powerseller, I just got my invitation to receive the extended seller protection plan by paypal. No longer do I need the confirmed address.....yippee skippy.....yeah right now for the fine print.

If the receiptent is in a forgein country claims merchandise not received they can still file a claim and freeze the funds for that transaction. Unless the seller can provide acceptable proof of shipment AND Delivery.

The only acceptable forms of proof of delivery is UPS, Fedex, DHL and Express Priroty Mail that show a tracking number. Okay so here is the catch for me....Most of what I sell overseas weighs about a pound. Now I can send it First Class International to the UK for $10.40. But, while I can prove mailing, I can't prove delivery because it didn't good express. Now if your the bidder which would you rather pay $10.40 or express mail for $30.50.

So now I ask, what is the point to the extended seller protection plan. Looks and smells like a smoke screen to the buyers benefit again. Kinda like stroking the powersellers ego.....

Burly
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was just messin' with ya.

I stopped doing all cross border business when the DSR system was introduced, and the USPS raised rates and eliminated surface shipping. It was obvious, without me even waiting to have it happen, that foreign buyers would give you lower marks for cost and/or time even though you had nothing to do with it.
ya Know, I would love to do that as well but int'l orders are about 22% of my sales and growing as the dollar vs the euro continues to be in their favor.

Fortunately I have only had one pull the I didn't receive it scam and paypal thing on me. Quite Frankly, it wasn't worth the 25.00 bucks so just refunded it, put him on the blocked list and closed it out.

Hmmmm here's a thought, what if I put a legal term in my auctions based on business law. That stated, "all items ship f.o.b. Salem, Oregon." Which basically means That ownership to the goods and responsibility transferrs to the buyer the minute I give the pkg to the shipper. I wonder if paypal would buck that knowing that they would leave themselfs legally open to a lawsuit.

Food for thought..........
Burly
quote:
Originally posted by Burly:
The only acceptable forms of proof of delivery is UPS, Fedex, DHL and Express Priroty Mail that show a tracking number. Okay so here is the catch for me....Most of what I sell overseas weighs about a pound. Now I can send it First Class International to the UK for $10.40. But, while I can prove mailing, I can't prove delivery because it didn't good express. Now if your the bidder which would you rather pay $10.40 or express mail for $30.50.

So now I ask, what is the point to the extended seller protection plan. Looks and smells like a smoke screen to the buyers benefit again. Kinda like stroking the powersellers ego.....

Burly

Hi Burly, When did this take effect? I just shipped a package to Japan on Monday by First Class!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.