Auctiva Website    Auctiva Community    Auctiva’s eBay sellers forum  Hop To Forum Categories  eBay Talk    marketing to customers for offsite transaction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

marketing to customers for offsite transaction
 Login/Join 
posted
I have an ebay policy question. I would like to include a coupon message with every order to encourage my customer to buy more items at my non-ebay store. First of all, there's no way that ebay would know that I'm doing this, but even if they did, would this violate any policy of theirs?

I am still completing the original sale like normal, and I'm not using the auction to divert customers to my site. (I know both of those are no nos). Just *after* the ebay sale, I'm marketing to the customer to go straight to my store. Is this cool with ebay?

I have to think this is fine, but I'm always extra cautious with all things ebay related. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Apprentice
Picture of Starscream
posted Hide Post
As long as you include this information in your communications to your buyers after the sale, then you would not be violating eBay's links policy. If you are including this information in your listings, then you would be in violation of this policy and could incur the wrath of eBay.

Hope that helps!

"Decepticons, feast your eyes on your new leader." - Starscream

Posts: 34 | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post