Skip to main content

I am a little confused still by all of the changes with Ebay. Ebay is suggesting that I open a Basic Store. I sell about 70 auction items per week at an average price of $16 each (mostly coins, jewelry, vintage jewelry and collectibles). We are going to keep listing this much, but probably switch to about half being fixed price and half being auction. If I am to open the Ebay Store and pay 14.95 per month, what is the benefit of having Auctiva?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A few reasons I have for keeping Auctiva:

**free scheduling (which allows me to make my auctions during my free time and let them launch at an ideal time)
**cool templates and layouts of my images (fee-bay charges for that too)
**Auctiva saves all my listings and images (ebay deletes after a certain amount of time-do they even keep the images on file for use later?)
**super sizing of images, which I take full advantage of when I sell things that I need to get close-ups of for the details (like my collectibles)
**I like being able to click a few buttons and make a whole new listing from a saved one.

In the end, my savings really add up on the scheduling fees, so having Auctiva pays for itself (and actually saves me money than if I listed directly on feebay.) and all the other benefits I get are considered "added" bonuses (like the image hosting and super sized images.)

If you don't like to schedule your listings to launch at a specific time, or have a nice template, or have your information saved after your auctions end, then you probably wouldn't need Auctiva. It just makes my life a lot easier, and for 10 bucks a month it is an easy choice for me to make.
Hello, I was thinking the same thing as I too, after selling for 11 years, finally opened an eBay store. More for a place to "park" my unsold items and utilize constant exposure rather than relisting all the time.

Can I ask someone.....anything I need to know about using Auctiva for listing store items versus auctions? Also, scheduled start times made sense for me for auctions but how does that work out with stores when we're talking fixed items?

thanks
quote:
Originally posted by Frchgrl:
Hello, I was thinking the same thing as I too, after selling for 11 years, finally opened an eBay store. More for a place to "park" my unsold items and utilize constant exposure rather than relisting all the time.

Can I ask someone.....anything I need to know about using Auctiva for listing store items versus auctions? Also, scheduled start times made sense for me for auctions but how does that work out with stores when we're talking fixed items?

thanks

1. Just watch that you have the right format Fixed Price and Duration (I use GTC)

2. No need to schedule I post as I finish.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.