Skip to main content

Sure need your advise…

I’ve been using Endicia for several years and have been very pleased with them – until today! In order to use Endicia, I had to upgrade to version 8, which I did. When I signed on this morning to print postage/labels, I received an error message. I emailed Endicia’s support and was told they do not support Windows 98, haven’t for 2 years (news to me), and I need to upgrade to XP. I asked if I could still use version 7 which had been working just fine – nada!

I don’t want to print labels and then go stand in line at the P.O. – I just want to sit on my tush, pay and print. I’ve been spoiled by paying postage and printing labels online – what other companies are out there? Who do you all use?

Thanks so much for your help!!
Jo
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What's wrong with printing the labels through Paypal? You can pre-post/pay and all you have to do is drop them off at the PO. Typically they will just let you set them on the counter even if there is a line. Of course that depends on your individual post office and the type/attitude of the people working there. I've been doing this for years, and drop my packages of at 6:30am on my way to work. I just ring the bell at the side door, and they take my boxes.

You can also have the PO come to your house and pick up these pre-posted packages too.

Interesting that this is the second time today I've answered this question for someone!

P.S. I think you really should update to XP. Razz
quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
What's wrong with printing the labels through Paypal? You can pre-post/pay and all you have to do is drop them off at the PO. Typically they will just let you set them on the counter even if there is a line. Of course that depends on your individual post office and the type/attitude of the people working there. I've been doing this for years, and drop my packages of at 6:30am on my way to work. I just ring the bell at the side door, and they take my boxes.

You can also have the PO come to your house and pick up these pre-posted packages too.

Interesting that this is the second time today I've answered this question for someone!

P.S. I think you really should update to XP. Razz

Hey Jeff I have a question. Do you know why we can't buy or print First Class international lables through pay pal or USPS?
quote:
Originally posted by garyj:
Hey Jeff I have a question. Do you know why we can't buy or print First Class international labels through pay pal or USPS?

Gary,

You can do international labels now on the USPS site, and you get a discount on the postage for doing them online. It even takes care of printing all the customs paperwork for you.

I don't think this functionality is available through Paypal yet.

First class? Don't know. Probably because 1st class is really nothing more than a stamp or two. Not worth the effort to automate it. Paypal assumes everything you're shipping is some sort of package (although that assumption is wrong).
Thanks Jeff! No I can print anything international through Pay Pal just not first class international which replaced the old letter post. USPS dosent support it either. In fact, I can print 1st class domestic through pay pal which the USPS web site doesn't support. Yeah I like the no custom form deal! Saves so much time. Thanks again Jeff
I know that this an old thread but shipping is still an issue. This is so easy!! After you make a sale go to your My eBay page and click the drop down menu by the sold item and there it is, a link to print a shipping label. Just need a Paypal account that is linked to your ebay account. Don't assume that your accounts are automatically linked. PayPal will be an ebay requirement soon, so do it now.
Stamps.com is a $20.00 a month ripoff. They charge you if you use it or not.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.