Skip to main content

New to Auctiva but getting the hang of it. One thing I am struggling with is the inventory. I can create items on there no problem. I can add my stock levels, and list on eBay. What I don't understand is why it seems that the stock level drops by the quantity posted on eBay before it is sold. My assumption is that shop owners will always post all their stock on eBay? If that is the case then doesn't the inventory just tell you that you have posted your stock?

I think what I am hoping to do is for Auctiva to keep track of my stock, posted or otherwise and then warn me if the total stock drops to a re-order trigger-point. Is it meant to do that? If so, what am I getting wrong please?

I've been looking for an answer to this on the forum and tutorials but haven't got anything, so would appreciate some light on this please!

Thanks
Original Post
Hi Patrick,

Welcome to Auctiva! The quantity in inventory is actually supposed to be reduced by the quantity you list to eBay when you post new items. Then, if the listing were to come to an end before all of the items had sold, your inventory quantity would be replenished by the quantity of the item that did not sell.

The reason that the inventory quantity is reduced when items are listed (as opposed to when they sell) is to keep sellers from posting more items to eBay than they have available to sell. Many sellers have large enough quantities of each items that it is not reasonable to post all of their inventory to eBay at the same time.

Auctiva's inventory functionality can be used to warn you when your inventory levels reach a certain point. These options can be specified in the "Notifications" section that you are prompted to fill out when adding each inventory item using the "Add Inventory Item" link under the "Inventory" tab within your account.

If you have any additional questions regarding your Auctiva account, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.