Skip to main content

Hello, we are new to auctiva. Just losing Blackthorne Pro which was great (looked into Sixbit...tooo expensive). We require using item ID's and a storage location, we sell many different items of all kinds, sizes and shapes, many of which we store in their shipping boxes. So we use labels with the item ID # then assign our items a storage location such as shelf section "4". This has saved us so much time when it is time to find our items. How can we accomplish this? Very important, if we cannot do this then back to Sixbit..... Any help appreciated, this should be a very easy and important thing to sellers.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi terracottajen,

Welcome to Auctiva, and thanks for contributing to our forum.

Although we do not offer a feature set that is specifically designed for this purpose, we do have a couple options available that may help you record your item ID numbers and shipping locations.

First of all, there is an “Add a Note” button in the “Actions” column next to each item on the Listings pages (Active, Saved and Closed) within your account which you can use to add notes to your listings which will only be visible through your Auctiva account.

We also offer an Inventory management feature, which may be a good option for you if you regularly sell from stock and want to track and list based on these numbers. You can learn more about this option on the following page of our FAQ: http://www.auctiva.com/help/faq/inventory/

If you were to use the Inventory option, an indicator will be displayed next to each item on the Listings pages within your account which tells you the unique product ID assigned to the product in your inventory and, among other things, the number you have left in stock.

As you noticed, we also offer the option to create folders for certain types of data, such as Listings, Inventory items and Transactions. Although folders may present a good way to separate your items based on shipping location, I don't believe they would allow you to effectively organize your items by product ID because doing so would require creating a separate folder for each product.

If you were to create a transactions folder, for example, you would be able to place items on your Transactions page into that folder. On the other hand, if you were to create an Inventory folder, you would be able to place inventory items (such as those available when you mouse over the “eBay Sales” tab and select “Manage” under “Inventory”) in that folder.

I hope this helps clear things up a bit. I see that you have already opened a support case on this topic so, if you need any more specific assistance with this, please feel free to follow up with our Customer Support team directly through that case and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
What I was thinking was make an inventory folder for each storage location that I have such as " shelf A, shelf B, shelf C ......so on" Then place the items into the corresponding folder for which I am storing them in. This way I can easily narrow down what section I have them stored in. But I do not know if I can see the inventory folders from the active listings view or the completed ( shipping) view. I find it extremely hard to believe this has never been addressed in the time Auctiva has been in use. I came here thinking well it must be great, everything else we like, but the service should be a bit more costomisable for the users
Hi terracottajen,

Thanks for the clarification.

You can definitely organize your items in folders to represent which shelves they are stored on as you described but, in order to make your folder designations visible on the Listings pages (including Active and Closed), you would need to create your folders from under the “Listings” tab.

If you were to create folders from within the Inventory section, they would only be visible on the Inventory Management page, which you can reach by mousing over the “eBay Sales” tab within your account and selecting the “Manage Items” option under “Inventory”.

I will also share your comments in this regard with our Product Management team for consideration. We appreciate the feedback!

-Mike

Hi Joney Deep -

For any sale you get the item number is recorded on the Sales page of your account.  Your Active and Closed Listings pages both also show the item numbers of your active and closed listings. 

As for shipping locations, it is not entirely clear what you mean regarding storing them as most sellers are shipping from a single location, generally speaking.

In order to clarify, it might help to have an agent take a look at your account and what you are looking for.  Please feel free to file a support case from under the Help menu of the site letting us know a bit more about what you are looking for in that regard and we'll be happy to assist you in detail.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.