Skip to main content

Hi there,

New to the forum so hi everybody!

I saw the post at the top asking to get in touch with Auctiva for any issues with custom templates however they were unable to help and pointed me towards the forum so hopefully you guys might be able to help!

I'm trying to get a custom template to work however i keep getting the following error message:

You must use one, and only one, description tag in your template. Choose [DESCRIPTION] or [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES]

I have only added one description tag to my template but still get the error message? I'm wondering if there's something in the HTML that it's mistaking for a tag however i'm not good enough with code to be able to tell.

Has anybody ever had anything like this before?

Thanks in advance!
Jamie
Original Post
Hello j_thomo -

Thanks for reaching out to us.

For an issue like this one, we can certainly look into it as the tags you describe are part of the editor as opposed to a template where the entire HTML has been customized.

The error message you report typically occurs when you attempt to Save a template you are customizing when you have added both of those options from the menu on the left of the template customization page and since those are internal tags that tell the template where to place the body of your description when you add your template to a listing, you cannot include both options as that would have your item description appear twice in the listing.

I took a look into your account at the custom template that is saved there and since it has been saved, it seems you were able to locate where the additional tag had been entered as I was able to Save and Preview the template in your Custom Templates area. If you were working on another template and could not save it due to this message, you will need to take a look at the template you are working on in HTML (use the Source button in the editor) and locate where you have the tag you do not need and remove it which will allow you to save the template in your account.

If you encounter further difficulty, please feel free to file a support case with the specifics of what you run into so we can take a look.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.