Skip to main content

I have been trying for the last week to post new listings with my Master Profile. Everything loads correctly except the description master. I can't even manually type in a description in the box on the listing form. Can't even enter anything in the "descrption" box to file a help request form. It shouldn't be this hard to get help when you are paying a monthly fee, even if it's only the $9.95 service. In this day and age, that's a chunk of money. Anybody else having this problem??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Joe, seems I read somewhere today that someone was having this problem or one very similar (I can't seem to find that post now). Anyway, apparently their account for March was not paid (you know charge card could have been expired or something). You may check your card and make sure it did not come back as non-payment. I am not saying you are a non-payer, just offering suggestion on what I remember reading for some problem that sounded like this today earlier.

I know with ebay I have forgotten to update my card several times so does happen.

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Auctiva deducted the March payment from my Paypal acct. today. I rally don't want to close my account; it was easy to use and I have lots of information on there I would like to save for reference. Also, since they don't seem to be interested in customer service, I probably won't be able to get my payment back either. Thought about contacting eBay for help, but since they have NO INTEREST IN HELPING THEIR SELLERS....YOU KNOW, THE ONES WHO PAY THEIR FEES.....I don't know what the point of that would be. People who operate businesses, espeecially if you have to PAY them every month, should really set up a telephone number for their CUSTOMERS!! If they offered good, reliable service they wouldn't have to avoid their CUSTOMERS!!
Why close your account if they helped you take care of the problem? They do offer support on the upper plan via phone, however, like anywhere else support via phone is expensive and not manned 24-7. I frankly am not big on phone support because I like find I can study the answer a little more & have documentation of what is said. I use phone on ebay mainly because otherwise you would NEVER get an answer.

I am on $9.95 plan and do find that between the forums and support via ebay to be GREAT! Auctiva is the only company I know who actually has a great forum community who truly try to help each other and a human on the forums that knows the system, especially the ones we have on here that I feel are top-knotch at reading forums and responding. These are no pee-ons (I see Tony, Chris, Mike, Rebecca and another girl can't remember her name Crystal (or she helps someone named Chrystal alot on here all the time. There are others but those are ones I see quite a bit on forums; if I left someone out sorry) responding on boards, these are knowledgeable people and the company some of which are k officers of the company and upper staff. How many sites are you on that actually have staff respond to forums? How many know a little about what you sell? I asked question other day and they quickly said, you can't use this feature for this particular kind of listing because you use multi-variation, NO OTHER company would know that before responding. They KNOW their customers so do not answer questions blindly. I can tell you while I get irritated with them (and everybody else at times). 99% of the time I am very satisfied with their responses. That 1% left I usually write until I get answer that makes sense. They do not just depend on other forum members to help, they plug in there with us.

As far as support, I do not think I have EVER waited over 2 hours for support question to be responded to and most within 30 minutes or less, (most less).

NO, I do not work for them, but if they have paid position I would take it! Big Grin

I do understand your frustration, but please consider what you get for your fees. I find the $9.95 I spend is worth it even IF I only used to hold seasonal items that I only list say during holiday season. I can just pop on here and relist without doing entire list process again. I use a lot of their features and there are a lot I have not even explored.

I would be if you write support they will do the fair thing or explain why they can't refund.

Good luck to both of you, hope you get issues resolved. I know auctiva and every other company can be frustrating to say the least!

Vickie

I understand what you are saying, lookandbuyme, but my post has been on this board for over 48 hours with no response from Auctiva. I am losing prime listing days and money. I can't file a help request because their help form requires that the description box is filled in but their system won't let me enter anything in the box. I can't even use my saved listings for reference because Auctiva has blown out all my descriptions. I am just left with auction titles, categories and photos. I am paying for a service that I can't use and no way to get help.....that's NOT the right way to deliver customer service. I deserve to be able to use what I am paying for, and I haven't been able to for the last two weeks with no way to contact my "service" provider. NOT GOOD!! Another Auctiva customer is having the same problem (there are probably more out there that haven' posted), so I am not the only one experiencing this. I posted on the forum hoping somebody had the answer, but nothing yet. For the second week straight, I really wanted to get my stuff on eBay for the weekend and I am running out of time!
Hi maizeysmom & nautyboy,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. I have seen some behavior with the description similar to what both of you have described with the latest release candidate of Internet Explorer 9.0, so I'm curious if either or both of you are using that web browser. I'm not aware of any other issues on our side of things that would explain the behavior.

Since Internet Explorer 9.0 is not an *official* version yet, we will not be able to do anything to address this compatibility issue. However, if the issue were still to exist once Internet Explorer 9.0 is upgraded from a release candidate to a full version, we would certainly address the issue as soon as possible.

If you are indeed using the Internet Explorer 9.0 release candidate, you should be able to work around this problem by switching to the Mozilla Firefox browser or rolling back to Internet Explorer 8.0, which is the latest full version of Internet Explorer.

The Firefox browser can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.mozilla.com and Internet Explorer 8.0 can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windo...worldwide-sites.aspx

If either of you are already using Internet Explorer 8.0 or Firefox, or continue to encounter this problem after switching to one of those browsers, please feel free to send us an email at support@auctiva.com indicating that you cannot use the support request form and we will follow up with you via email.

-Mike
Hi evfla,

I will pass your feedback to our developers, but we have never sought to support Google Chrome so it is unlikely that we will be able to address any issue that is specific to Google Chrome unless the decision is made to specifically support that browser in the future.

Since you have begun experiencing this problem in Google Chrome even after clearing your browser history and you do not enjoy using Internet Explorer, I recommend using the Mozilla Firefox browser instead which can be downloaded free of charge from the site I posted a link to in my last reply.

That being said, I am able to use both versions of our description editor through Google Chrome without any problems so I could not confirm that there actually is a compatibility issue between Google Chrome and our description editors.

If you continue to encounter this problem after switching to one of our supported browsers, please file a support request and we will do our best to work through the issue for you.

-Mike
Thanks. I'll try IE again. It's not that I don't like IE. It's good, but Chrome is faster.

You also said, " will pass your feedback to our developers, but we have never sought to support Google Chrome so it is unlikely that we will be able to address any issue that is specific to Google Chrome unless the decision is made to specifically support that browser in the future."

If this is the case, I didn't read every detail posted in this thread, but I got the gist of what the thread is about; but the original poster & replies must be using IE??

And I'm using Chrome & still having the same issue as the others?? In that case, it's not the browser, it has to be something technical w/in Auctiva's side. NO? Just my 2 sense. Thanks for replying. I do appreciate it.
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Why close your account if they helped you take care of the problem? They do offer support on the upper plan via phone, however, like anywhere else support via phone is expensive and not manned 24-7. I frankly am not big on phone support because I like find I can study the answer a little more & have documentation of what is said. I use phone on ebay mainly because otherwise you would NEVER get an answer.

I am on $9.95 plan and do find that between the forums and support via ebay to be GREAT! Auctiva is the only company I know who actually has a great forum community who truly try to help each other and a human on the forums that knows the system, especially the ones we have on here that I feel are top-knotch at reading forums and responding. These are no pee-ons (I see Tony, Chris, Mike, Rebecca and another girl can't remember her name Crystal (or she helps someone named Chrystal alot on here all the time. There are others but those are ones I see quite a bit on forums; if I left someone out sorry) responding on boards, these are knowledgeable people and the company some of which are k officers of the company and upper staff. How many sites are you on that actually have staff respond to forums? How many know a little about what you sell? I asked question other day and they quickly said, you can't use this feature for this particular kind of listing because you use multi-variation, NO OTHER company would know that before responding. They KNOW their customers so do not answer questions blindly. I can tell you while I get irritated with them (and everybody else at times). 99% of the time I am very satisfied with their responses. That 1% left I usually write until I get answer that makes sense. They do not just depend on other forum members to help, they plug in there with us.

As far as support, I do not think I have EVER waited over 2 hours for support question to be responded to and most within 30 minutes or less, (most less).

NO, I do not work for them, but if they have paid position I would take it! Big Grin

I do understand your frustration, but please consider what you get for your fees. I find the $9.95 I spend is worth it even IF I only used to hold seasonal items that I only list say during holiday season. I can just pop on here and relist without doing entire list process again. I use a lot of their features and there are a lot I have not even explored.

I would be if you write support they will do the fair thing or explain why they can't refund.

Good luck to both of you, hope you get issues resolved. I know auctiva and every other company can be frustrating to say the least!

Vickie

I agree 1000%. I sometimes post on the boards here when I need help. But I always contact support as well because sometimes support responds quicker. Although, I didn't contact support for this time because the issue was already addressed.
Hi evfla,

You're welcome.

It has not been made clear yet which browser the original poster and the other contributor who mentioned experiencing this behavior are using, but I did bring up the possibility in my response that the root cause of the problem may be that they are using the Internet Explorer 9.0 release candidate.

I only mentioned this because I have seen similar behavior with the IE 9.0 release candidate but, given that it is a only a release candidate and not a full version of the browser, addressing issues that exist with it would be futile because further changes will inevitably made before the full version is released.

The bottom line is that the description editor should work with the latest full version of Internet Explorer (which is IE 8.0) or Mozilla Firefox.

If you encounter a similar issue when using one of those browser, we'll have some troubleshooting to do.

-Mike
Hallelujah!!!! I WAS on IE9 (if I had known it was a trial program I wouldn't have done the upgrade). Used your handy link, went back to IE8, and ALL MY DESCRIPTION TROUBLES ARE GONE!! Thanks, Mike, for making this an easy fix! Sorry I was cranky, but I couldn't see any way to get help. Auctiva is a great way to list and usually works like a charm....am very grateful for your help. Will save the email address for future use. Thanks again!
Ok, that solved 1 problem. Glad that they fixed it for you! I'm still stumped. I have been using GC/ Google Chrome all along up until now, and I didn't do an upgrade for GC, but I guess GC does it automatically because now I can post using IE8 but not GC. Which I don't like, but I guess I'll have to make a sacrifice. Thanks.
Hi Community,

I just noticed today that the first full version of Internet Explorer 9.0 has been released. I just updated to IE 9.0 myself and verified that I was able to use both of our description editors and the File Support Case form while using that browser, so it appears the conflict between the release candidate and our editors was resolved with the release of the full version.

If anyone who was experiencing this problem with the IE 9.0 release candidate would like to continue using IE 9.0 with Auctiva, you should now be able to download the full version from the following page: http://windows.microsoft.com/e...rer/products/ie/home

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.