Skip to main content

Hello Community,

We performed an update to the Auctiva.com site today that included many changes to improve performance as well as several enhancements to our features.

Although you won't notice most of the "behind the scenes" updates, you will notice that we've released new versions of our listing pages (Closed, Active, and Scheduled) to try out. Click the link at the top of the current pages to see the new versions. Just as we did with the new Saved Listings page last year, we hope you try them out and share your feedback and report any changes you'd like to see. These new pages will all become the default pages once we're confident that they work as they should and that you are happy with them.

On the new Saved Listings page, you will see a new link at the top of the page that says "View Deleted Listings". If you have ever accidentally deleted listings and thought they were gone forever, now you have a safety net of sorts. Saved Listings that you delete will stay "saved" for 14 days, and you can easily restore them yourself without having to contact customer support.

We added support for eBay's new same-day handling option. In the Shipping Tools section of the lister, you will see "Same Day" as an option in the domestic handling time drop-down menu. Remember to set up your shipping cut-off time on eBay (the default is set at 2pm Pacific time) before creating your listings using that option. You can edit your Saved Listings in bulk to add this new handling time using the Advanced Edit (aka Find & Replace) feature. Active Listings can also be updated with the new handling time as well.

When relisting items from the Closed Listing page, you can now add the option to accept best offers from buyers for fixed price listings, or listings that were auction-style that you are switching to fixed price. Just check the box(es) next to the best offer options you want to add.

End a listing early without having to go to eBay to do it. From the new Active Listings page, just check the box next to the listing to end and click the "End Early" button.

On the new Active and Closed Listings pages, you can add a note that only you will see on the page. Click the yellow note icon to the right of the listing you want to add a note to.

As always, if you encounter any bugs or other unexpected behavior, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support and make them aware of the issue.

Thank you for your patience during our update, and happy selling!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not really thrilled about the update. Now we have additional issues and work arounds to deal with.
It is really not possible to make updates or improve performance unless you fix existing issues first or you just end up with more issues.

It also would have been nice if Auctiva would COMMUNICATE about and get our input BEFORE...we are the people using the site and dealing with the issues on a daily basis....and the people that have to deal with issues after the fact.

We needed to have existing issues fixed first and foremost.
Why if my items are already listed as BIN with best offer as they are created originally to be is it NOW necessary, because of the NEW UPDATE to check the NEW box that was added on a bulk edit to allow buyers to make a best offer.

Once again this is another step that is not been well thought out, completely unnecessary, redundant, completely ignores the information "you already have" in a listing.

Just so you know if you don't recheck that you want buyers to make offers on the bulk relist page, even though the listing is created with make offers in it, the items relist WITHOUT that option at all. You completely change how the listing is set up to be listed.

This too has apparently not been tested prior to release.

This needs to be fixed immediately.
Last edited by trinkets
The make an offer feature totally ignores listing that are already created with make offers in them and removes the option from them unless you go in and recheck the box in the bulk edit.

Every item being relisted has to be edited and make offer has to be re done every time you relist.

How is that well done???
How is it well done now that Auctiva is changing how listings are created and removing best offer option to have us redo it over and over and over again??
How is it well done that we now have to go in and fix/edit every listing just to get it back to how the listing is originally created??
Of course it is not showing in the active listings if a bulk relist is done...that is what the issue is. That is what was posted when you said how "well done" you think it is.
It is not "well done" that sellers listings are being changed from how they created them.
It is not well done that sellers have to go in and revise all their listings to make sure they are listed as they were created to be listed.
It is not "well done", as you said, that this issue can cause loss of sales for sellers, creates more work and go arounds or that it changes how listings are set up by sellers.

Once again the bulk relist is now eliminating the best offer "originally" created in listings. This is a problem. A big problem especially for sellers that do large amounts in a bulk relist. It is changing how a listing is initially set up. This was not an issue prior to the update either.

Now if the seller even catches it, the listings need to all be edited/revised or all their listings are going to be listed incorrectly, if they had best offer.
This is not the only issue but one that AUCTIVA needs to address as it has the potential to cost sellers a lot of money because buyers can't make offers when sellers set it up that they could.

You are not technical support for Auctiva and you clearly don't understand nor have a way to resolve the issue.

Listings should not be changed unless the seller specifically changes it.

I am not sure what to say about you "liking" that listings are being changed from how they are set up by the sellers but maybe you "like" having your listings changed, not being informed about issues caused by the update, not having these issues addressed and having additional work to get them back to how they were originally set up to be or to have to revise and work around everything but most of us, the rest of us, do NOT...nor do we think it is "well done" and "WE", the rest of us would like to get it fixed.
Last edited by trinkets
can't we all play nice in the sandbox please

I promised myself I would no longer be drama into these types of exchanges but so much for that promise

trinkets why use a public forum to vent your frustration with Auctiva. Say your peace and than move on. Use a support case for follow-ups and keep it out of the public eye. believe me Mike sees the support cases even when you don't think he does. be happy Mike is still here on the Commerce side of things Chris (the Mike of that side) took another task and now they have no one. They pay more than we pay and right now are getting less visible support than we are

just to set the record straight
when you say
"..Is it possible that you let just Auctiva respond to the problem instead of derailing it with things that have nothing to do with anything ???? I for one as well as many others would like to get the actual problems fixed.

No one derails threads if you post you have a problem, so how about showing the same consideration to others and stop with this game you continue to play...."

excuse me but you are guilty of violating your own comment above as this thread had nothing to do with a problem much less YOUR problem, but rather an announcement of what had been done. So it is you who have co-opted this thread not the other way around.

There is no system known to man nor woman that does not have issues. Nothing is perfect. do I wish Auctiva was more responsive well of course I do. I still have 264 listings I can't change unless I want to redo all the item descriptions again but when silence is the reply I move on.
Ed this is a Help Board and is for discussion of Auctiva issues. In case you have not noticed that is what most of us use it for and what this thread has been used for by almost everyone posting
No one is interested in hearing once again about how nothing is perfect or excuses for Auctiva. This is far past the nothing is perfect perfect excuse. We are not talking about a few issues. We are talking about issues with every aspect of the system. With the uploaders, the templates the bulk relists, having to browser jump and the list goes on...and it costing us way too much too much time and money when they advertise the exact opposite....and it is not getting better. It is getting worse.

It is also not a valid excuse for anyone with real technical background to make or does it work to minimize the scope of the issues...and not helpful to other sellers or the community as a whole to do so.

They are also fully capable to answer for themselves as they should and that is what we in part pay them for.

If you don't mind "once again" as this seems to be an issue for you, allowing people to post about their issues without derailing the threads with your personal drama that has nothing to do with an Auctiva issue.
Last edited by trinkets
Ed thanks for chiming in.

Trinkets gets so side tracked in drama and attacking the individuals that she loses track of what the issues are. In fact I always hope that she won't comment on my contributions so that they will garner the right attention.

I have filed a support request and will try to get with Mike on Monday to see if there is a better way to do it.

Thanks again Ed.
Why would you file a support ticket on something you said was so "well done" ?? Changed your mind now??

So only your posts should garner the right attention and not be derailed....just as I said. Now that you have decided it is not so well done, which was originally said and posted about, it should get attention because you decided so....thank you for admitting that and showing that you derailed the thread so you could get the attention and take it away from the original posts saying this was an issue.

Could have saved all that drama by allowing the original post on the issue to get the attention it deserved by not derailing it...only to end up admitting it is not so well done and is actually a huge issue for others.

And BTW Auctiva is already aware it is an issue...and has been for a while.
There is also no "better way".....there is only they need to fix it.
We don't need or want another work around or to have to revise every listing every time we relist to a problem that just needs to be fixed.

We already know the work around.

Why is it that you and Ed are the only people have to follow me around and derail almost every thread or comment I post on or about. Is it really necessary to derail every post or thread??? I don't follow you around or derail your threads or posts?? Whatever the reason I really don't care keep it off the boards and stop.
Last edited by trinkets
quote:
Originally posted by trinkets:
Ed this is a Help Board and is for discussion of Auctiva issues. In case you have not noticed that is what most of us use it for and what this thread has been used for by almost everyone posting
No one is interested in hearing once again about how nothing is perfect or excuses for Auctiva. This is far past the nothing is perfect perfect excuse. We are not talking about a few issues. We are talking about issues with every aspect of the system. With the uploaders, the templates the bulk relists, having to browser jump and the list goes on...and it costing us way too much too much time and money when they advertise the exact opposite....and it is not getting better. It is getting worse.

It is also not a valid excuse for anyone with real technical background to make or does it work to minimize the scope of the issues...and not helpful to other sellers or the community as a whole to do so.

They are also fully capable to answer for themselves as they should and that is what we in part pay them for.

If you don't mind "once again" as this seems to be an issue for you, allowing people to post about their issues without derailing the threads with your personal drama that has nothing to do with an Auctiva issue.

Not trying to be hostile, but I think trinkets needs to re-read the Auctiva Forum Policies, specifically #1 and #4.
Hi Community,

We have confirmed that there is currently an issue with the Bulk Relist tool which can cause the Best Offer option to be removed from relists done from closed listings which contained that option if the “Accept offers from buyers” option is not reselected for each one during the Bulk Relist process.

Our technical team is currently investigating that issue and we will get a solution in place as soon as possible, but I am not sure exactly when we will be able to address the issue at this point in time.

If you are encountering any other issues with the Bulk Relist tool, please file a support case (if you have not done so already) from under the “Help” tab on our site which includes as much information as possible about the behavior you are experiencing and we will investigate them further.

We apologize for any inconveniences this and any other remaining issues may be causing.

-Mike
quote:
I am not sure exactly when we will be able to address the issue at this point in time.

It has been 3 weeks and we are coming up on a long holiday weekend...one where we sellers should be able to list...it is a sales weekend....these issues are costing us a lot of potential sales/money....AGAIN.

Has anyone FROM AUCTIVA decided if any of these issues are going be be "addressed" yet??
Hi Community,

I am pleased to report that we just made an update to our site today that should make it so sellers should no longer have to reselect the “Accepts Offers from Buyers” option when using the “Bulk Relist” tool to relist closed listings which utilized the Best Offer option.

However, we are still looking into a similar issue which can prevent the Best Offer option from being applied when added to items that are scheduled following the use of the “Bulk Relist” tool and we will be addressing that remaining issue with a future site update.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the "Help" tab on our site and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

I am pleased to report that we just made an update to our site today that should make it so sellers should no longer have to reselect the “Accepts Offers from Buyers” option when using the “Bulk Relist” tool to relist closed listings which utilized the Best Offer option.

However, we are still looking into a similar issue which can prevent the Best Offer option from being applied when added to items that are scheduled following the use of the “Bulk Relist” tool and we will be addressing that remaining issue with a future site update.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the "Help" tab on our site and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike

Am I reading what you posted correctly??
You are releasing an update to fix the issue of the accept offers having to be rechecked when doing a bulk relist BUT there is still SAME EXACT ISSUE that isn't yet fixed??

HUH???
Hi trinkets,

I'm sorry that my previous post was not sufficiently clear. As I mentioned, the issue which has been causing sellers to have to reselect the “Accepts Offers from Buyers” option when using the “Bulk Relist” tool to relist closed listings which utilized the Best Offer option should now be resolved.

Therefore, if you use the “Bulk Relist” tool to relist closed items which used the Best Offer option, the Best Offer option should persist through the relist process. Also, if you click the “Edit Items” button while using the “Bulk Relist” option to relist items which previously used the Best Offer option, you should also find that the previously selected options related to that feature are prepopulated.

On the other hand, we have only seen the other issue related to this option impact relists of items which did not previously contain the Best Offer option.

For example, if you use the “Bulk Relist” option to relist an item which did not previously use the Best Offer option and you choose to add the Best Offer option during the process, that option might not make it to eBay along with the listing if you schedule the relist instead of using “Relist Now”.

I hope this helps clear things up. If you need any further clarification, please file a support case from under the “Help” tab within your account.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We just released an update intended to address the remaining issue which was causing the Best Offer option to be dropped from items which were scheduled following the addition of the "Accept offers from buyers" option during the Bulk Relist process, so you should not encounter that behavior any longer when using this process.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature moving forward, please contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.