Skip to main content

First customer to sign up for the MyStoreRewards deal. I go to set up the first refund and I am informed that Paypal is going to charge me a fee to give someone money back? I am a small time seller - and Paypal already charged me to receive this person's entire payment and then they're going to charge me again to give part of it back by enrolling in their "Mass Payment" program? Am I understanding this wrong? Is there a way around it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When one of your customers signs up for mystorerewards, you are promising them a % refund - however you want to word it - you're giving them money back. When you set up this system w mystorerewards, you need to opt into the "mass payment" system thru paypal who then charges you another fee to participate. After speaking to paypal, they sent me an email with the details, including:
"The sender of a Mass Payment is charged a fee of 2% of each individual payment within the Mass Payment. The fee is capped at USD 1 (CAD 1.20) per individual payment.

International Mass Payments have a cap of USD 20 (CAD 24)."

So, basically I'm trying to figure out if the MyStoreRewards concept is not worth it for a small time seller. To give $ back to the buyer is one thing, but to pay paypal a SECOND time seems ridiculous. When I signed up for it, there was no warning of this.
Sparkilyn, thank you for the heads up on the additional 2% Paypal fee for mystorerewards. I was considering it until now. I'm already fee'd up with PAypal and Ebay. And to trinkets, I consider myself a small time seller with a basic store on Ebay. It doesn't matter what your sales volume is, it's your profit margin and an additional 2% loss is unacceptable when your bottom line is already paid up into the pockets of Ebay and Paypal.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.