Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

When I received my first email from ebay regarding the new "duplicate listing" policy I wasn't concerned. Our small business does not have more than one listing for anything. So, I never thought that I'd have to read further into it, but unfortunately we are.

Recently we've started having listings ended, with the premise that they are "in violation" of this new policy. Problem is that they aren't... All of our listings have a short clear description of the item, different photos, and different titles. I'm not sure how they are reviewing listings, but legitimate listings are being ended, and we are having to pay to relist them. Its unfair to us, and its unfair to other customers who aren't in violation.

I've had to relist my items, and was originally hoping to have those listing fees reimbursed to our account, but now we're stuck in the endless cycle that is ebay's "customer service" if you could even call it that.

SO, I would encourage everyone to take a very close look at this policy and prepare to relist as least a couple listings, whether you are in violation or not.
I had two pulled, one I knew about but was waiting to see if they would find. Other I truly did not realize was double list.

However, I have tons of cosmetics I need to list and KNOW they will pull them, because only change is a color name, pictures, descriptions etc., are same, which I guess they may or may not pick up since these are done by bots. It is a chance I can't afford time-wise to take right now.

Good luck getting answers.. if you get pls. share with us.

Thanks
vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY?_rdc=1
Hi- they removed the tool according to the answer center. I liked having it as a double check in case I accidentally made an error. (though it needed fine tuning, as it did not show some I had and showed some that were not duplicates even within minutes of each other) Seems they could leave it so we can check, as people are human and do make mistakes, we don't all have bots to check for us (not 50-100 of same item mistakes I mean honest mistakes) Guess they are enjoying their power trip and 3 - 20 cents fees they gain when they end them.

Incidentally, I am for the policy, however feel it should be auction also AND they should offer multiple variations in more categories to unclog the site.

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.