Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

WoW! Great advice, It's nice to see a
ecommerce hosting company admit that sellers are being ripped by buyers. I have in the past sent 2 and 3 of the same items to buyers who then report they never got them. I have had people download my entire site and I have proof via server logs and they then go get their money back from paypal. Of course it doesn't matter that I can prove they got their stuff. For awhile I felt like I was the local library.

Its good to see that Auctiva is addressing the issue.

Its always good to have a fair return policy. However, it doesn't do a whole lot of good as far as protection goes as far as pay pal is concerned. The buyer can technically keep the item and get their money back; essentially stealing.

My advise is to use a merchant account at least that way you have a little more protection against buyers who are just scamming. Also if the transaction doesn't feel right then cancel it. It will probably save you money and aggregation in the long run.

I knew there was a reason I liked Auctiva. Great job! Now when you get the automatic download part of your ecommerce site up and running, I will be looking into your site for a new home. Until then... I wait.

Take care and happy holidays!
You write "100-percent satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!" While this is certainly an effective and admirable policy to uphold, helping to ease a customer's potential anxiety about purchasing in a virtual setting, it sometimes brings a potentially detrimental effect: It presents an open door for fickle shoppers, and even abusive scammers.

This is a really good article with some really good sound advice but................

If you accept PayPal as payment, then you might as well have a "100-percent satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!" return policy because this is basically PalPal's policy and their policy trumps your policy if you accept PayPal as payment and your customer opens a buyer dispute case with PayPal as PayPal sides in favor of the buyer in nearly all cases.
This was a great article - the only thing I would add is a note about the conditions under which shipping will be refunded or return shipping will be provided. I always pay shipping both ways if an item is defective, damaged, or the wrong item was shipped. I think letting the customer know they won't be out the shipping costs if there is a mistake on my part or if the item is damaged or defective is important. I also spell out that if they change their mind about an order, they are responsible for all shipping costs.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.