Skip to main content

Beware of doing business with Paypal!!!!!

My experience with Paypal started out with our company paying for Magazines with a company called College Life Nation/College Life Magazine (which tuned out to be a total SCAM). When I went into Paypal to pay for the magazines, I chose to pay with the company credit card we had on file.
Instead of the $750 going on the credit card, Paypal took it upon themselves to first deplete my Paypal account balance ($60.07) in its entirety (not what I chose OR wanted) and charged the rest on the card ($689.93).

After realizing that our magazines were never going to show up, we started the dispute process. It took about 6 months for Bank of America to refund the $689.93 back into our account. Paypal however refuses to refund the $60.07 that I did not authorize them taking. I find this to be about as scandalous as the company that tried to rip us off. Paypal claims to cover fraud, but when it comes time to actually stand behind their claim, they don't deliver.

The first two Paypal reps that I spoke with told me the $60.07 would automatically post to my account about 30 days after Bank of America permanently credited our account with the money that went on the credit card.
Of course, after 30 days, nothing posted. I called again yesterday, spent one hour and eight minutes to get to a representative on the phone. (Wow)...

The rep told me to email the document and gave me the email address: chargeback@paypal.com. I emailed the document and 2 hours later received an automated response saying they won't refund us the money. Wow...
I called back again this morning extremely pissed off and talked to another rep that gave me an entirely different story. Out of 3 reps I spoke with, every one of them gave me different information. Turns out, they aren't even able to open email attachments. Which means they had me email the docs in, never even looked at them and sent out an automated rejection email right away. Wow..Now that's company who cares....

Since every rep I've talked to tells me something different, I'm now faxing it in.

I am awaiting resolution to this matter as my fingers are eager to post this to every forum related to Paypal. It's unfortunate that companies don't do the right thing on their own, you have to make them do the right thing. Thank god we have the Internet to fight back!

Case ID - PP-002-037-572-627
Original Post

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.