Skip to main content

Hello, wondering why in the auctiva preview of my listing it shows free shipping +(.50)
I woulld like to know why it is charging my handling fee for the free shipping?
Also I would like to know how to remove my shipping charge so customers can't see it?
I didn't see any option for that in the shipping profile. Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Jimmypancake,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. I was unable to locate your account based on the information available to me so I cannot be certain how the specific listing you are referring to has been configured, but I can tell you that it is not possible to charge a Shipping and Handling fee along with a shipping service you have marked as free.

Although you will be presented with a “Packaging & Handling Fee” field any time you use Calculated Shipping, the value you enter in that field will automatically be ignored by eBay with respect to any shipping services for which you selected the “This shipping service is Free” option.

It appears that the Shipping and Payments tab on our preview page is incorrectly showing the Shipping and Handling fee next to shipping services that have been marked as free, so I have forwarded the details of the issue to our technical team so it can be addressed with a future site update.

The only way to post a listing to eBay without including any shipping cost information is to select the “Freight” option in the Domestic Shipping area. The listing would then state “Freight - Read the item description or contact the seller for details” in the Shipping section and you would be expected to include any relevant shipping details in the description.

I hope this helps clear things up. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab on our site and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.