Auctiva Website    Auctiva Community    Auctiva’s eBay sellers forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Shipping & Payments    why there is a paypal and google checkout option at the shopping cart page?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why there is a paypal and google checkout option at the shopping cart page?
 Login/Join 
Rookie
Picture of coskingdom
posted
Dear all,

I just test the order process of my own auctiva commerce store and find that there were paypal and google checkout logo at the button of the shopping cart page. I click the paypal logo and it leads me to the palpal page and guide me to complete my payment without shipping charge. I followed and completed the payment and I was took back to the AC check out page to ask me to choose the payment option. That means my customer need to pay the shipping charge once again.

my question is why at the so early step do we need our customers to complete the payment? is there anyway to remove the paypal and google checkout option from the shopping cart page and allow my customers to complete the payment of products and shipping fee at one time. Thanks for your help!

regards,
Liam

My Auctiva Commerece Store:
http://coskingdom.net/

Posts: 16 | Location: NZ | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elite
Picture of LifeisLike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coskingdom:
Dear all,

I click the paypal logo and it leads me to the palpal page and guide me to complete my payment without shipping charge. I followed and completed the payment and I was took back to the AC check out page to ask me to choose the payment option. That means my customer need to pay the shipping charge once again.
regards,
Liam

Liam,
Your customer is NOT paying the shipping charge twice (as you noted above). The first page does not include the shipping charge but once you are taken back to your AC page & the customer chooses their shipping method or payment method, then they will be charged.

I wasn't sure if you were meaning the customer was charged twice..if that's what you meant, no they aren't.

As to the second part of your question, I don't know the answer but I guess it's just the way Auctiva Commerce has it set up.
Do you offer both payment methods?

Posts: 3021 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Premier Poster
Picture of wayne.ali
posted Hide Post
From your dashboard, mouse over store and then click 'Payments' to open your payments option page. Under Google Checkout, click 'Set up Google Checkout' and then uncheck 'Enable Google Checkout and save. This will remove Google from the payments options within checkout altogether.

To remove the Paypal button from the shopping cart page, click the orange paypal tab. Uncheck the 'Enable Paypal Express', this will remove the paypal button from the basket/cart page, leaving just the 'Checkout Now' button. By leaving 'Enable Paypal Standard' box checked, this will give the option to pay by paypal further on through checkout. Your customer will go through to their cart where they can enter their location and postal/zip code to adjust the shipping cost, they will then click on 'Checkout Now'. They shall then need to enter their Billing and Shipping details and click 'Continue'. This will take them through to the next page of checkout, whereby they will be given the option to pay by Paypal, mail, gift certificate and credit card if you have set up card payments under the credit card tab.

If you want to remove Paypal altogether, simply uncheck 'Enable Paypal Standard' on the paypal payments page.

Wayne

Posts: 809 | Location: East Sussex, UK | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post