Auctiva Website    Auctiva Community    Auctiva’s eBay sellers forum  Hop To Forum Categories  New Pricing Structure    Our new pricing structure announcement
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Our new pricing structure announcement
 Login/Join 
VP Engineering
Premier Poster
Picture of Auctiva Kevin K.
posted
We are proud to have been able to provide you with our eBay listing and marketing tools for free for more than fours years now.

Because we value your business, we want you to be the first to know that, starting in July, some our services will no longer be free.

We did not come to this decision lightly. This adjustment was difficult for us to imagine after four years of being a completely free service. However, the e-commerce landscape is constantly evolving, and it has always been our promise to you to provide a complete e-Commerce solution that will meet your needs today, tomorrow and beyond. The decision to begin charging for some of our services is a direct result of this commitment we make to you. It will help us continue to support our site and add improvements in our quest to become the Web-based solution for those wanting to do e-commerce both on- and off-eBay.

As an eBay seller, we know you have many costs and an ever-increasingly competitive market that reduces your margins. We’re dedicated to providing you with the best service for your hard-earned dollars.

We remain committed to providing you with great tools—that save you time and earn you more money—at a great value. We’ve worked hard to develop flexible pricing options that will be affordable for all sellers.

We want to make this transition as easy as possible for you. We will begin implementing the necessary changes on our site to accommodate our new pricing structure during the first week of June. As a valued customer, you'll have 30 days to evaluate and select a pricing plan, and we’ll even help identify your best plan choice.

For more detailed information about our pricing plans, read "Auctiva Enters New Era" from Auction Education.

In an effort to get the word out to our customers as quickly as possible, we're emailing a letter from CEO Jeff Schlicht that announces the change. Additionally, we'll be hosting several webinars entitled "Auctiva: Our Vision" where you’ll hear from both Jeff and Tony Maxey, Auctiva's senior product manager, about the software upgrades and the new pricing structure that will be released to the site in early June.

In this dedicated Forum discussion, we’re also posting anticipated Q&As. Additional staff will be on-hand over the weekend to monitor the forums and help you get your questions answered.

Your business is very important to us. If there is anything we can do to ease this transition for you, please contact customer support.

Kevin K
VP Engineering
Auctiva

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Auctiva Kevin K.,

Posts: 1238 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: April 16, 2001Report This Post
Elite
Picture of member_8880
posted Hide Post
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for posting this thread.
Question..with the Free Tools option...all I would pay is 4.95 to use the templates? Just want to be sure I'm reading it correctly. Can I still use my profiles and Seller Details?

I might be a powerseller but I consider myself to be very 'small time' if you know what I mean. Since the templates are all I use anyway, this one might work for me.

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumb...?r=chicky8880&s=1741

Posts: 2922 | Location: ChiTown | Registered: September 24, 2006Report This Post
VP Engineering
Premier Poster
Picture of Auctiva Kevin K.
posted Hide Post
Correct. You can use the free plan, (which includes the scrolling gallery, Auctiva store and a few other features) and then add on templates. That will allow you to use Auctiva's templates and post via eBay or any other listing tool.

You'll still be able to use profiles, seller details and our listing page with image integration.

We'll be adding some additional options to our site in the coming months to further enhance this template plan.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: April 16, 2001Report This Post
Elite
Picture of ChooChooGuy
posted Hide Post
Strange, I stopped selling on GreedBay because of thier fees, then there was the option to use your e-commerce store which does not fit my current needs, so no problem I carry on using your image hosting for the time being whilst selling on a small but effective for me UK site.

Now I find that not only would listing on greedbay incurr their ever increasing fees it seems that you would be adding further fees to selling on greedbay.

Is it me or is selling on greedbay only for the large mega-buck sellers these days with even the largest 3rd party tool providers taking increasing chunks because they can, looks like the 30% you think will leave (source Auctionbytes article) are considered to be worthless, just like greedbay has been treating small sellers for the last few years.

Seems to me that Auctiva is now too close to greedbay for comfort, what a shame Frown

Posts: 2059 | Location: England, UK | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Considering the changes eBay made, I can accept the fact that the "free" model is no longer viable.

However I would have expected that Auctiva would not go to the opposite extreme and try to nickle & dime their sellers to death.

I am VERY UNHAPPY by your decision to NOT include "real" image hosting in ANY of the plans and charge DOUBLE listing fees for store listings and 30/GTC Fixed Price listings, that means you are charging up to many times MORE than eBay charges for store listings which is CRAZY!!!

Don't charge double listing fees for ANY listing and INCLUDE image hosting and people will stay, don't make those two changes and your turn overrate will be much higher than you expect.

Including a free/discounted store is worthless, since one of your soon to be direct competitors offers a FREE store.

I find it interesting that eBay is giving more & more good stuff away for FREE, while you are going to start charging for things that are FREE with eBay.

PS: Is there or will there be a tool so current users can see how much space there images are currently taking.

Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Lastly, why would I want to pay YOU a lot of money, when you can't keep malicious programs off your site, are not completely truthful about how long the Trojan was on the site, and gave terrible advise regarding adding the site to the trusted zone [which would guarantee a 100% infection rate of users computers].

I am willing to put up with stuff like that for a FREE site, but NOT a pay site.

posted Hide Post
I understand the need to charge for certain items. However, this seems like a very broad spectrum of change. How about taking a page from Ebay's book and give a couple of months lead time to adapt to these new changes. Making the announcement at the end of May and applying them in July provides very little time to make the necessary decisions regarding these changes. Perhaps a bit more lead time on this would help some of your users?

Apprentice
posted Hide Post
We'll be leaving Auctiva as soon as it becomes a paid service. There is no way I can justify paying for a service with as many problems as Auctiva has had recently.

1MB of free picture hosting is a complete joke when there are tons of free picture hosting sites.

Auctiva doesn't do much that eBay itself can't do, and we don't have to pay extra fees above the already high eBay fees.

The scrolling gallery and templates are nice, but not worth paying for in my opinion.

We're a fairly high volume seller, and it just doesn't make sense for us to pay Auctiva for the little service they offer.

Goodbye Auctiva.

Elite
Picture of ChooChooGuy
posted Hide Post
Very little time keeps you here, just like insurance companies leaving it near the renewal date to tell you about a big price hike.

You don't have time to easily or efficiently move, they are taking a leaf from the greedbay book of customer 'management'

Whiz
posted Hide Post
Do I understand this correctly? I have until July 1st to move all of my images off Auctiva?

1 mb of free image hosting is a joke for someone who sells Art.

You couldn't have given us more than a month?

BTW, the link for the Fee Schedule...the text in the chart is so small that it is very hard to read.

<Auctiva Robert>
posted
You can review our pricing terms at http://auctiva.com/help/auctiva-pricing.pdf, which may be easier to read. Be patient if you have a slower internet connection. The multi-page pdf is about 1.4 MB.

Report This Post
Premier Poster
Picture of Fanuch
posted Hide Post
Check Media Fire. I'm moving all my stuff there.

~Dominic

Sometimes radical;
Always right.

www.HomeKitchenHQ.com
www.fanuch.com
www.homekitchenhq.mybisi.com

Posts: 504 | Location: Naples,FL | Registered: December 18, 2006Report This Post
<Auctiva Robert>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Robert:
You can review our pricing terms at http://auctiva.com/help/auctiva-pricing.pdf, which may be easier to read. Be patient if you have a slower internet connection. The multi-page pdf is about 1.4 MB.

Report This Post
Premier Poster
Picture of Fanuch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Robert:

Robert:
link does not work.

~Dominic

Sometimes radical;
Always right.

www.HomeKitchenHQ.com
www.fanuch.com
www.homekitchenhq.mybisi.com

Posts: 504 | Location: Naples,FL | Registered: December 18, 2006Report This Post
Elite
Picture of ChooChooGuy
posted Hide Post
And what are the fees for the UK ?

Whiz
posted Hide Post
As far as readability, that pdf file is even worse.

No problem with the speed - I have a high-speed connection - but the image is pixelated.

Whiz
Picture of jim4754
posted Hide Post
With the economy the way it is, slow sales, feeBay pricing and taxes going up you've just priced yourself out of our market. I've ALWAYS used your insurance and never collected a dime even though a package was damaged in shipping, because they said I could repair it myself. Yeah RIGHT!!!

Is this the way you treat a loyal customer? What's going to happen to Auctiva Commerce in the future; the same thing? And 1 MB of free hosting I can spit more that that!!!

You should realize that a lot of snall businesses are just barely keeping heir heads above water, ours included, so except for the absolute necessities we have stopped puchasing and will no longer be your customer once the fees go into effect.

You've ruined a good thing - THANX Auctiva!!!

Posts: 180 | Location: Dowmers Grove, IL | Registered: June 16, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would I want to pay fees twice. Really guys you are going to lose. Our profit margins just keep getting squeezed.

Congratulations on making a really crappy business move. I'm outta here on July 1.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
I understand that Auctiva may not be able to continue to provide free service, but I really hope that they will re-think this new pricing. I think if they provided a flat rate service for $10.00 that many of the peaople now fleeing might stick around, provided that they increase the ridiculous 1MB storage space...

The short notice is really unfortunate as well... Don't they understand that the fast approaching deadline is only going to make people leave NOW instead of sticking around to see what plan will "work" for them. I know I need the full month to remove all my photos (if I can...) and RE-LIST every item I have in my store!!

posted Hide Post
I think I will be out of here. Not paying more. Will also be closing the shop.
manartchik A good photo hosting site is photobucket