Skip to main content

I've not used Auctiva for a long time. I've now got a few items that I'd like to sell, so I'm using the free Auctiva tools to do so.
I created my 1st listing within Auctiva, clicked to get HTML and then pasted it into the HTML section of eBay's description editor. I've done this many times before without any problems. However, this time I had a Big Red Warning from eBay that my listing must not contain Javascript, cookies, iFrames, metadata etc and I'm unable to proceed.

How can I create a listing using Auctiva that will satisfy eBay's listing criteria?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello oldbaldrick -

Our service does not add any HTML to listings that contains Javascript which would cause a difficulty such as you have described, so it seems that what you have encountered is specific to your recent listings. However, there is no way for us to be certain what or where this may be occurring without having a look at your listings.

Please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site detailing what you have experienced and please be sure to include the titles of a few sample listings as well as your browser and operating system information so we can take a look.

- Craig
quote:
please be sure to include the titles of a few sample listings as well as your browser and operating system information so we can take a look.

But I'm unable to send you sample listings as eBay rejects anything I try to add to their site - they say it contains Javascript, cookies, iFrames or metadata. If I could work out how to post a picture here, I'd add a screenshot or 2 to show you what I mean.
Hi Rick -

if your listings are getting API errors, the Saved Listings should still be in your account, and if you let us know the title of such a listing in a support case we can certainly investigate what is going on with the affected listings.

Please feel free to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site so we can take a look into the listings that have encountered this error and please be sure to leave the notifications of the API error in your account so that we can review them - the error notifications will also let us know the other affected listings in your account so we can ensure that the difficulty is the same for these listings.

- Craig
After filing a Support Case, the reply I received has fixed the problem. It was due to an extension in the Safari browser on my Mac:-
"This is javascript is associated with a Safari extension known as "My eBay Manager". This extension is adding the Javascript code into the Description Editor" .
Having removed this extension, the problem is now fixed. Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.