Skip to main content

Every time I try to list something it seems this option is being enabled by default. I understand its free from an Auctiva standpoint but am I being charged for it in ebay? The little question mark icon seems to suggest we check with ebay and ebay shows this as a .35 cent charge? Can someone please clarify. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Discount-eyewear,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

As of January 2015, the 12 eBay Gallery Images are free for listings in all categories. You will not be charged an extra fee in eBay nor Auctiva when you use the Optional eBay Gallery Image feature.
The $0.35 charge you're referring to, is specific to the "Gallery Plus" feature, not the Optional eBay Gallery Images.

I’m glad you mentioned this because next week we will be releasing an Account Preference setting in which you will be able to control whether the Optional eBay Gallery Images are enabled or disabled. When this change is released, the setting will be disabled by default and you will have the ability to adjust that on the Account Preference page in the Settings section.

Back in March we enabled the eBay optional gallery by default and have since heard from many of our sellers that they would rather it function the way it did prior to our change. We have listened to this feedback and have taken the steps outlined above.

I will post again in the forums once it’s live to keep you and everyone else up to date Smile

Here are some eBay references to their fees and image announcements:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html
http://announcements.ebay.com/...or-vehicle-listings/
All I can say is: YAY, and, FINALLY!

It has been SUCH a pain for me today to have to keep dealing with this automatic feature that creates about 3 more steps than I want to take, and I was just about to post up here to see if I am really the only one who hates having to deal with it!

Looking forward to being able to turn it OFF.

Thanks for listening to your users!
Hi everybody,

I’m happy to announce that today we released the Optional eBay Gallery Image account preference setting. This allows you to choose whether or not the feature is enabled or disabled for new listings.

By default this setting is disabled. If you would like to change that, you can do so on the Account Preference page.

Sincerely,
Natasha

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.