Skip to main content

Hello, I have spoken with a few eBay reps on the phone and they told me that eBay is no longer supporting image hosting from sites off eBay. What happens as a result is that when you go to revise any listing with hosted images you get an error appear that prevents you from revising the listing. Even if you don't revise anything. The only way to remove the error is to remove all hosted images and upload images directly to eBay. Can anyone think of a workaround to this gigantic change by eBay without having to update every listing?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello panfunk and thanks for the post,
We speak with eBay product teams almost weekly, and while eBay has some planned changes for active content (flash, JS, etc.) sometime next year, they will continue to support both hosted images in your listing description as well as using hosted images for the eBay gallery image. In the case of the gallery image, eBay actually copies the image(s) uploaded via Auctiva into eBay's image hosting servers, but scales the image size down in many cases. Your listings description will continue to use your Auctiva super-sized images.

If you have specific issues revising a listings from Auctiva, please don’t hesitate to open a support case. In our testing this morning, we had no issues revising listings, adding images, etc. we had no problems updating live listings from Auctiva.

Thanks again for the post and using Auctiva.
This was what two eBay support reps have told me over the phone. Some of my listings work fine when I revise them, others can't be revised until I have removed all of Auctivas hosted images and replaced them with images uploaded directly to eBay. An example of this is listing number 130728119864. I'm guessing you are unable to attempt to revise this listing unless you're in eBay?
I just tested again and I was able to revise an active listing from Auctiva, revising fields, quantity, and adding images from the Auctiva Active Listings page using the icons on the right hand side of the listing. The images I added were appended to the bottom of the description, and eBay appends the text "on <DATE>, seller added the following information:" followed by the images I added.

If you are specifically referring to the "eBay Gallery Images" (the images that show to the left of the price in the listing, not the images in your description), those images are eBay images, stored on eBay servers. You can tell this by inspecting the page and reviewing the image URL where you will see something like "http://i.ebayimg.com/images/ ..." If you use Auctiva to create listings, then the images showing in the eBay "gallery images" would have been uploaded to eBay where eBay then makes a local copy to use in the listing. Within Auctiva, we do not currently have a revise tool for the eBay Gallery Image (partially because it is an eBay image), but you can always use our create listing from similar to change the eBay gallery images. If you are revising this listing on eBay, I can't say for certain why it's giving an error.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.