Skip to main content

While my business seems to be slowing down because of the glut of sellers, my biggest disgust is with the changed feedback policy. NON-PAY BIDDERS! What is eBay thinking? I'm so disgusted!! A non pay strike, big deal. The feedback is where other sellers can see the pay history. I had a non-payer last week and one this week. My choice is "positive" or "no feedback"? I had to mark "positive" last week and then type in the words "negative feedback". How are sellers supposed to let other sellers know about these people?
santacruz18
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

On day one when the non negative feedback went into effect, I received 3 negatives over a rediculous conversation of combining the 3rd item into an already combined 2 item checkout. Once it was taken care of, the buyer emailed some snotty remark that see if you would have combined all 3 items in the first place, you would not have any trouble. 3 weeks later at 6:30 AM on opening day of no negative feedbacks, she gives me 3 negatives. I was furious. I came back with positives with negative words that this person was a no good buyer. Beware of this nasty person. She complained to ebay and my DSR's took a drop. Nothing I could do and they erased everything I said about the buyer, but left what she had to say about me intact.

So do not do it!!!! Just play the ebay game until the end, yours or Ebays. I'm in there until Ebay is trumped by someone else. Believe me someone else is going to trump Ebay and they know it.
Valley Chic,

You might be sorry, but Ebay has been in a steady state of auction business erosion for quite a few years now. They know they have unsustainable gross income doing business the way they had done it before. They keep twiddling with everything they do, hoping that they can keep making high profits. Like losing thousands of sellers small and large, raising fees constantly til more quit, changing rules to tighten their grip on increasing controls of all aspects of their "Auction Industry", and in the meantime fending off other contenders to the Industry they used to entirely dominate. They have continually diversified their investments into similar venues and disimilar venues to generate stockholder share revenues.

Google is after a market share and or knowing them, market dominance. In the meantime Ebay could even sell out to Google, and quit the auction business entirely, but make money doing other things instead.

I diversified away from Ebay nearly 6 years ago and now Ebay in not my main source of internet revenue, but is in 3rd place for my gross income. I might add, Ebay costs me the most, dollar for dollar of investment compared to my other web venues. Times, they are a changin!
Last edited by daddyo
I read somewhere in eBay's policies that if you give a positive feedback award but put a negative feedback comment, it will be removed and you'll get your wrist slapped. I think I have found a way around it. I received an unwarranted neutral (buyer didn't contact me about the problem so I couldn't sort it out). At the time, neutrals had just started knocking the seller rating percentage down, so I was rather dis-chuffed. I gave the buyer a positive and put in the comment,

'paid fast but DIDN'T CONTACT ME WITH PROBLEM. RUINED MY REP WITH UNFAIR F/B :-('

This was on 5th June and it's still there today (20th August) so hopefully, by putting something positive first, I might have got away with it.
quote:
Originally posted by amalin:
While my business seems to be slowing down because of the glut of sellers, my biggest disgust is with the changed feedback policy. NON-PAY BIDDERS! What is eBay thinking? I'm so disgusted!! A non pay strike, big deal.

Actually, it's the non-pay strike that matters. If more sellers would file for them, we would have a lot less problems with non-paying bidders as they would get NARU more often.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.