Skip to main content

Gotta blow off some steam!! Mad
Over the last 10 days my sales have fallen by about 40%. I am from the UK and so list on ebay.co.uk but US buyers could see my items on ebay.com Ebay in their wisdom has decided to restrict the visibility of international items on ebay.com and guess what? 40% of my sales used to come from the USA. As usual the reason they give for doing this is to 'improve the efficiency and enjoyment bla bla bla' In truth they just want people like me to duplicate listings ( and therefore their fees) on different ebay sites around the world. That is exactly what they suggested when I complained!!! I thought we were trading globally but ebay is regressive and forcing us to trade locally. Lets hope some reasonable alternative appears soon so we can all jump ship.

Steve
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by stevenp:
Gotta blow off some steam!! Mad
Over the last 10 days my sales have fallen by about 40%. I am from the UK and so list on ebay.co.uk but US buyers could see my items on ebay.com Ebay in their wisdom has decided to restrict the visibility of international items on ebay.com and guess what? 40% of my sales used to come from the USA. As usual the reason they give for doing this is to 'improve the efficiency and enjoyment bla bla bla' In truth they just want people like me to duplicate listings ( and therefore their fees) on different ebay sites around the world. That is exactly what they suggested when I complained!!! I thought we were trading globally but ebay is regressive and forcing us to trade locally. Lets hope some reasonable alternative appears soon so we can all jump ship.

Steve

Can't agree more. Ebay do not even give a facility for listing on other country sites that I can find useful. Apart from listing through Auctiva who give a dropdown of US and Australia. So its select a country and list alternate countries seperately. Why is there no facility in ebay to select extra countries when you list? Also do these countries get the listing in their language? i.e post your listing in English converted and posted to Japan in Japanese?

www.troudosmountains.comPUK
Hi. yes the worldwide option will allow you to see UK items but previously that was unnecesary as The US could see the UK by default and not many buyers are aware that they must now click the button. Ebay has not told anyone as they claim the smaller UK is clogging up the system and making things difficult for US buyers to find what they want which is plain ridiculous and untrue. In reality they are blackmailing us into listing on 2 ebay sites to squeeze more fees out of us.
Many UK traders are now giving up entirely. I,m still profitable but earning less than 50% of what I used to.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.