Skip to main content

I sold two items on the 16th and 17th and the items didnt get there until the monday after christmas -
One is wanting the a % reduced of the bid + shipping
the other will send the item for a full refund
Since both items were more than $50 + how would you handle this - I hate the ebay fees and wonder how to handle both cases nicely???
wwyd?
what about the ebay fees and shipping I already incureed?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

THIS AUCTION IS FOR .

THIS ITEM IS BRAND NEW IN BOX AND READY TO SHIP AS SOON PAYMENT MADE.

• For 8 yrs. and up
• Requires 4 AA and 2 AAA batteries (not included)

Paypal payments from Confirmed addresses only!

THIS IS THE HOTTEST TOY AROUND AND IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN STORES. CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK AND BID WITH CONFIDENCE.
SHIPPED IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION-

shipped next day at 9.25am
Nicely explain it to them that you can't control the USPS, if the item didn't arrive on time, it is not your fault.
Secondly, tell them because you are a nice person, you are going to give them a refund minus the shipping fees.
Make sure they also understand that you are going to file for a FVF refund from ebay and will put this transaction into an incomplete status.
Ebay will then contact them to demand an explanation for this incomplete transaction.
Sometimes because of all these hassle, the buyer will just keep the item and will not demand a refund for something that was out of your control in the first place.
quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
quote:
buyer was a KY resident Im in VA [& it] took 10 days! via Priority Mail?????

At this time of year? Sure. Priority Mail is NOT guarenteed to be "2 to 3 days", that's it's "typical" arrival time under normal conditions.

I'd never had a problem with priority until........the four hurricane summer of 2004 that came through my backyard.

Heck that's when I found out that 2 to 3 days delivery time wasn't a given/guarantee. I'd never had a problem before, so there was no need to question..but now I know it's all circumstances and the Post Office delivery system when there's other circumstances to take into consideration.

Some of my customers didn't receive priority mail for two to four weeks. (and there was one that took almost six weeks, it was lost in limbo)

It was the circumstances of the time..some were understanding and some weren't.

I'd offer to refund minus my fee's and shipping costs and explain the seller's side of the transaction.

Normally that's in and of itself enough for most buyers to say fuhgedaboutit, I'll just keep the darn thing.

What alot of buyers don't know is that there are fee's involved. If they only buy on eBay they have no idea that we pay fee's to eBay for listing, final closing costs, Paypal and more. Once they find out, they aren't all that hard to deal with.

Good Luck,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.