Skip to main content

I have in my possession something that resembles some kind of a military explosive weapon. I don't know if it is--the markings say "AT GR 75 PRAC LOT MA 12-52. REV .25 LOG W."

Here's a pic. I Think it distinvely falls under the not permissible items--any suggestions. Honestly, if it is an explosive, I certainly don't want it in my house and I'd rather sell it to someone who does.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm all for the Iran idea...lol

Seriously, it's technically illegal to have them in your possesion...so I'm not sure what to do...maybe turn it in to authorities?

As far as the numbers go...not sure, they vary so much... here's a link to the base that makes them...I know there is a page somewhere with info on them http://www.ria.army.mil/sites/local/

I don't know really what you should do with it...how did you get it? That kind of simplifies or complicates the situation.
OH MY WORD!

I can guarantee you I'd be calling one of my buds whose a police captain ASAP.

I know..I know..what's the local police have to do with this? Nuttin. But I guarantee Bill would at the very least have someone from bomb squad at my house to pick the darn thing up ASAP.

Did anyone see the 60 minutes. 20/20, Dateline or one of those shows? It was in regards to a subdivision in Texas where a whole subdivision was built on buried missiles? NEW subdivision!

A neighborhood full of young parents with children. I.E., swingsets, bikes, skateboards, etc.

The neighborhood looked like a ghost town. Nobody would let their children outside (of course) to run and play.

Lots of bombs were found and are still being found underneath the foundations of the homes, etc. Some of the bombs were live and some weren't.

Can you just imagine how fearful you would be every day?

Needless to say...there are lawsuits against the builder. Such a sad situation.

I digress....

To heck with figuring out who to call..just call somebody. Even if it's the local fire department...they can figure out who and what department should deal with this.

Good Luck and keep us apprised,
Donna
Well, I am being careful with it. But I'm not that fearful of it. May be its not even live. God knows I've been tossing it around when I was sorting through the stuff I got at the auction and I've been tossing it around here and there and thanks goodness no problem--I don't do that anymore though. I'll figure out how to get rid of this, I hope. Thanks.
I can tell you how to safely set it off, that is, if you have an open area.

You'll need to pieces of basic wire. attach each one to the tip of the detonator (very front) making sure the metal is in contact. Now get at least 50 feet away behind solid cover, i.e., a mound or burm. Once behind cover, take a 9-volt battery, attach one wire to the negative, then the second to the positive. If it blows, than you had a live one!!!

If not, wait at least 15 minutes after you have disconected the 9-volt and approach the device. At this point, you can a little more assured that it isn't live, but not 100%. I could have a bad detonator but still have the powder in it.

Anyway...that's the proper way of disposing of it, in the army anyway. Confused
In Iraq, instead of waiting for EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal)to come...which meant we'd have to sit exposed for hours...we'd pile 'em together, and sit one, detonator up, on top of the pile. Then we'd take turns trying to shoot the very tip of the detonator from about 200 meters away. We usually made the Team Snipers sit it out...no fun with those guys (who hits something like that on one shot...really? Not human, I say) Great fireworks when you hit it!!!
Yeah huh. I shoud try hitting the tip at 200 meters away with my 9mm. I'll be there all day long. Thanks for the tip on detonating it though. I am considering it now--I think it would make for a cool show. I live in Arizona so there's a lot of open land around in the desert where it could be done. If it's not a live one then it will make for a poor show though.
quote:
Originally posted by EFLORES949:
Yeah huh. I shoud try hitting the tip at 200 meters away with my 9mm. I'll be there all day long. Thanks for the tip on detonating it though. I am considering it now--I think it would make for a cool show. I live in Arizona so there's a lot of open land around in the desert where it could be done. If it's not a live one then it will make for a poor show though.

Take your camera and get some pics for we "gawkers."

I'm bout as dumb as dirt when it comes to this kinda bang bang stuff. It was finally explained to me to where I put two and two together a few years back that a magazine goes into the gun. Heck when magazines were talked about, I thought it was like my monthly subscription to Southern Living. <big smile>

Get some pics of the ka-boom for us!

Good luck,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.