Skip to main content

I have sold on eBay for several years. In the old days when store items were not included in the search results, I listed every item in my store and then listed about 25% of my items each week in a auction. Using this strategy every item I had for sell would be seen in a auction once each month.

Now every Fixed Price item is included in the eBay searches. Is it still worth running Auction type listings?

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I suppose you all have already noted eBay’s brilliant performance for February commented on at
http://ebaystrategies.blogs.co...1.html#disqus_thread

Amazon: 74.5% growth Y/Y.
e-commerce overall: 11.3% growth Y/Y.
eBay: 2.5% growth Y/Y.

Keep up the good work Donahoe; and don’t forget to drop in to Amazon and pick up your latest bonus cheque from Mr Bezos.

Enron / eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.
Nothing works on eBay anymore; certainly not the Marketplace.

Since April Fools Day (how apt!) 2010 and the dumping of all “store” items into core, eBay’s data centers appear (still) to be effectively crippled or, if they are functioning as planned, it’s a very strange plan. Regardless, it would appear that for most users the eBay Marketplace whale is now high and dry on a beach somewhere, has died, and the putrefying carcass is now very much on the nose.

Enron / eBay / PayPal / Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.