Skip to main content

okay i jusy got a checking account and i want to sell some stuff on ebay when i make a username and try to sell something and it dosent sell will ebay take money out of my checking acount for it being listed or anything am i in any danger of losing money out of my checking account if i creat a ebay acount? thx in advanced
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

eBay charges fee's to sell.

At the end of your selling period, you will receive an invoice from eBay. Either you can choose to pay them via Paypal, have an automatic payment set up via your checking account or Paypal or send them payment.

It could've changed...I haven't opened a new account with eBay to sell in many many moons.

Here's the eBay help link to the answers.

How do I pay my eBay fee's?

Good Luck,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by wonderd:
well thats why ima make sure they give the money and i see it in the bank statment before i ship out the item

Well... every seller waits until they get the money before they ship the item out (unless they're brain dead) - that doesn't mean you can't lose money.

I'd suggest you do some reading at the "Seller Central" discussion board on eBay.
quote:
Originally posted by wonderd:
quote:
that doesn't mean you can't lose money

could you explain that a lil more im confused on how you can loose money when you already seen the bank statment
If the payment is through PayPal or with a credit card, the buyer can potentially file for a chargeback to get their money refunded.

You have to know how to protect yourself. Don't go in blind. Knowing the market and what sells really well is just a small part of the equation. If you sell for any length of time on eBay, you will run into customers who:

1)Are trying to scam you
2)Have buyer's remorse
3)Want to return items for a full refund
4)Are unhappy that it took you so long to ship something
5)Will claim that they sent a check, and when it finally arrives, it is the incorrect amount Frown
6)Are just plain nasty, evil people
7)Will make strange or unreasonable requests
8)Will contact you asking why their widget hasn't arrived yet
9)Will claim something is damaged or missing, when you know for a fact that you sent it out in pristine condition
10)etc.

Of course, most transactions will go off without a hitch, but you have to know what to do in those "other" situations to protect yourself. You could lose money, or get negative feedback (or both).
not to be rude or harsh - but I think you should go awhile back on the forums specially ones on the ebay forums starting with "help-----" so you can see for your self how to avoid them ..after that You can ask more specific questions... IF YOU DONT DO your reseach a bit you are going to get burned in this ebay climate where bidders are few and far between ...thank goodness I learned most of mine when ebay was a sellers dream and bidders were crazy Big Grin Wink

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.