Skip to main content

Just don't know what is going on... sOOOO Frustrated!!!

Sales during the summer months were much better than now (in the past, summer months were the slow months for me). For the first time, I shut-down eBay for 3 weeks in Aug/Sept to go on vacation, and the sales just have not picked-up. (my store has been turned back on, out-of-office message is shut off).

In the past, October sales have been great, but this year it appears no one is looking nor interested!!

In the past few weeks I've tried 7 day auctions (relisting 3-4 times), and then switching items from GTC to 30-day auctions so my item(s) would relist and be visable more often. But still little interest...

I know the public is fickle and loses interest quickly! Not sure if this is the problem for slow sales, OR my prices, OR the auction write-up/presentation, OR...

Soooo very frustrated!! Thank-you for suggestions/ideas you can send my way!!

Have a wonderful week-end!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It's not you...it's Ebay. Their boards are FULL of these stories. Same here, either no sales at all or a bunch in one day (and they'll all be from the same state...that CAN'T be a coincidence)
I gave up on auctions, it's like giving stuff away. If I list an auction for $10 (for example) it might or might not get one bid. If I list it as a BIN for $35 it will sell for sure, just takes longer.

There are alot of theories that make sense...Cassini search engine, rolling blackouts (we've all experienced those) and lately. mobile shoppers. Ppl who shop from their phones are more likely to see listings POSTED from phones, at least this is what I read but it makes sense to me. It would explain alot. And of course alot of ppl don't know how to sort and are browsing Best Match and we all know what a mess that is.

Just my two cents Smile
One of the reasons is to do with listing priority (I'm assuming that you have checked out your competitors and you are cheaper/better - for fixed price ads)
A lot of people searching on eBay would just accept the standard "best match".
The way I read "best match" is that the folks nearer the top of the list (not the paid adverts, right at the top) are the adverts that most closely match eBay policy, and whose sellers have being giving high quality service.

e.g. check your photos are clear, of the correct size, no text or extra graphics (other than faint watermark), not generic photos (unless brand new item), and so on.
They also prefer fixed price with free post, 1 day handling, and a 30 returns policy.
Check the policies and see if you can tick all the boxes. they also provide a program for bulk changes to adverts
So this will increase the ranking of your ad and make it more likely to get seen.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.