Skip to main content

Today I went to a listing on eBay and ALL of my pictures and ALL of my description and ALL of my Auctiva Banner of other items for sale are GONE!!!!

In order to view any of that a buyer must find a tiny button amongst all the other ads other people are selling items LIKE mine...Of course eBay does not care WHICH item sells as long as they get one sold so the put up competing ads on MY listing...

But back to my RANT for today...

The ONLY way to view any of the Auctiva produced parts of my eBay listing is to find the little button that says "See Full Description." Similar on a phone, but there the only hint of all my hours of ad writing is hidden behind a tiny ">".
Life is a game. Keep the directions and don't lose any parts.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You may have seen this already

http://community.ebay.com/t5/S...p/23618556#U23618556

This is the main thread but there are several more.

The "test" Ebay was running appears to be over (at least for me). I sincerely hope they do not implement that disaster. I just had 3 return requests in 2 days....guess why...no one could find the description. That's more returns than I've had in the previous 3 years combined.
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMan41:
Today I went to a listing on eBay and ALL of my pictures and ALL of my description and ALL of my Auctiva Banner of other items for sale are GONE!!!!

In order to view any of that a buyer must find a tiny button amongst all the other ads other people are selling items LIKE mine...Of course eBay does not care WHICH item sells as long as they get one sold so the put up competing ads on MY listing...

But back to my RANT for today...

The ONLY way to view any of the Auctiva produced parts of my eBay listing is to find the little button that says "See Full Description." Similar on a phone, but there the only hint of all my hours of ad writing is hidden behind a tiny ">".

This is happening as of 6-27-17.....what's up with this?
Hello robert52125 -

We are unrelated to eBay directly, however, we have reached out to them regarding the appearance of this button on listings when viewed on a full system and are currently awaiting more information from them regarding this. I will update this thread with more information as soon as it becomes available.

Please note that we send the information to eBay as you create it in your saved listings, and the listings do appear as intended after the button is clicked and is unrelated to the data that we send them.

- Craig
Hello Community –

We have heard back from eBay regarding the issue with the View Full Description button appearing on listings when viewed on a full system and this is a test that eBay is currently running.

eBay let us know:
1. this test effects a small amount of users.
2. If a buyer/viewer is seeing this on a listing, they will also see the same for all other listings.
3. This is not an effect of using a 3rd party provider, this test is only affected by who the buyer/viewer is–this test is not affected by which listing is being viewed or who the seller is.
4. This test is not permanent, and should end in a couple of weeks. and
5. Because this is a short term test, there is not a way to opt out.

Please also note that if you have encountered this and believe that this may be negatively effecting your sales, please contact eBay and let them know.

- Craig
Last edited by auctivacraig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.