Skip to main content

Hi,
I'm wondering if Auctiva Mike can help me with this. I have written to support twice and even paid to speak with someone and though I believe they are trying to be helpful, I am getting conflicting information. I would like to give an example to try and get this auto relist profile set up correctly the first time. I need to add this to quite a few listings on eBay and cannot afford for it to be incorrect.

I DO NOT do auctions. All my listings are fixed price and Good Till Canceled (GTC) I have multiple copies of some items but I do not want to reveal on eBay how many I have. So for example

I have 10 copies of widget A

I create an inventory item in Auctiva for Widget A and enter a quantity of 5 copies.

I then create a listing in Auctiva For Widget A and connect it with the inventory item for Widget A

Now I need to create an auto relist profile that I can attach to this listing. What parameters do I have to select in the auto relist profile so that when I list Widget A on eBay it will relist 1 whenever one of them sells and stops relisting when my inventory reaches zero? Again, keeping in mind that it is a Good Till Canceled listing and 30 days may go by without it selling, and eBay will relist it, yet I need to have Auctiva keep track of this listing so that when it does SELL, Auctiva will relisted again for me until my inventory reaches zero.

Thank you for your help. This is really important to me as eBay recently did away with on automation rule that did this for me and I am left with many items of which I have multiple copies of that are not relisting when they sell.

JD
Original Post
Dear JD,

I'm sorry to hear that you received conflicting information when you contacted my team about this, but I will do my best to clear up what you can do. While we do not have any tools available that could accomplish exaclty what you described automatically, you could get pretty close using our Auto Relist Profile feature.

The closest you could come to what you described using our tools would be to post your fixed price items with a certain quantity using the Good til' Cancelled duration, then set up an Auto Relist Profile that would automatically relist the item once all of the items have sold.

If you would like to do this, you would want to create an Auto Relist Profile that has "All items have sold" selected as the condition in the "I want to Auto-Relist If" section and then apply that Auto Relist Profile to your Good til' Cancelled listings you would like to relist in this manner.

If you had 10 of Widget A available and you were posting your initial listing with a quantity of 5, you may also want to select "Auto-Relist a maximum of 1 times" or "Auto-Relist until Inventory Quantity has gone below 1" in the Recurrence" section to avoid relisting the item again once you do not have any left to sell.

Another option would be to simply post your initial fixed price listing for Widget A with a quantity available of 10 and it would then remain active until all of the items sell or you end it manually. If you were to take that approach, you would not even need to use an Auto Relist profile.

Unfortunately, we do not have anything in place that would allow you to automatically add the the quantity available in the listing as each individual item sells.

Since you mentioned the idea of wanting to post a new listing once each item sells, I'm also inclined to mention that eBay no longer allows an individual seller to have more than one fixed price format listing active for a single product. You can read more about this policy on the following page of eBay's help index: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerin...telistingpolicy.html

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions about this, please feel free up update your existing support case on this topic and ask for me by name.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.