Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello myprecious4boyz -

Unfortunately, there is no bulk tool available that would allow you to add templates to already active listings that you created on eBay. However, it is possible to add the template to items which close after you have an active Auctiva account and, should you wish, you can add our templates to already active listings, but it requires a few more steps.

If you have listings you created on eBay which have closed, you can use the Import Listings option on the closed listings page of your account to import closed listings to your saved listings. Once saved, you can edit as needed and add a template to the listing on our listing creation page.

As for your already active listings on eBay, in order to add our templates to an already active listing you would need to recreate the description and images portion of the listing in your Auctiva account and then add the template to it. Once you have the description and images set with a template, save the listing and you can then use these steps to take the HTML of that listing and use it on eBay (given that the listing in question is still eligible for revision on eBay).

Once you have saved the listing with the template:

- Click the Get HTML button to the right of the item on your Saved Listings page with the icon: </>
- use the Select All button and then copy the HTML in the popup window that shows
- Locate the item on eBay and open the "Revise Your Item" form.
- Scroll down to the "Description" section and then make sure that it is on the HTML tab.
- Delete the existing description HTML, paste the copied HTML in its place, preview your changes and continue and confirm your changes.

- Craig
Hello Paisley999,

We had originally planned to add some additional templates earlier this year, however eBay announced they will stop supporting active content come Spring of 2017.

As a result we had to adjust our priorities a bit but I assure you we still plan on providing some new templates. Our goal is to have them available in the first quarter of 2017. These templates, along with our existing templates will all comply with eBay’s restriction on active content.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Hi Paisley999,

No need to worry, we have you covered. We are actively working to ensure all of our features comply with eBay's active content policy come fall 2017, including the Auctiva Scrolling Gallery and our templates. At the same time, we're also adding new services to help you sell more, so stay tuned for some exciting announcements in the future!

In the meantime, continue using our tools with full confidence, including our new mobile-responsive Scrolling Gallery and our mobile-friendly "Supersize Image" page. And know we are committed to your selling success.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know and I'll be glad to assist.

Sincerely,
Natasha
I had an email from ebay saying that my listings ALL contravene this new active content policy, with a lot of technospeak telling me what I have to do to fix it, of which I didn't understand a word.

Does this mean I will have to relist everything on new Auctiva templates, thereby presumably losing all my sales histories?

Any guidance/reassurance would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Hi JulieAnne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please do not worry, we are currently working on enhancing our features so they are compatible with eBay's active content policy.

We are also looking into revision solutions so that you'll be able to revise the templates on your active listings without losing your sales history.

We'll be announcing the progress we make stay tuned to the forums, Facebook and Twitter to hear the latest news.

Sincerely,
Natasha
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Natasha:
Hi Paisley999,

No need to worry, we have you covered. We are actively working to ensure all of our features comply with eBay's active content policy come fall 2017, including the Auctiva Scrolling Gallery and our templates. At the same time, we're also adding new services to help you sell more, so stay tuned for some exciting announcements in the future!

In the meantime, continue using our tools with full confidence, including our new mobile-responsive Scrolling Gallery and our mobile-friendly "Supersize Image" page. And know we are committed to your selling success.

If you have any further questions or concerns please let me know and I'll be glad to assist.

Sincerely,
Natasha

I'm a bit confused with this new active content issue. So, okay you are working on it for the new ebay policy coming down the pike in Jan 2017, but how do the listings that are already up and running get affected? Will Auctiva auto fix the listing to comply with the active content changes?
Hi Carolrose,

Yes, Auctiva will provide a tool that will allow you update your active listings with the new compliant scrolling gallery and templates.

Just to clarify, come spring of 2017, listings will still be active on eBay, but the features on listings that contain active content will simply not be shown. Then, fall of 2017 listings will be blocked that contain active content. Our tools will be available long before spring so you'll have plenty of time to update your active listings.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Of course,

Active content refers to certain types of software including, JavaScript, Flash, form actions and plug-ins. Currently, some Auctiva features contain these, such as our scrolling gallery and some of our templates.

We are currently redesigning these features to not contain any software that uses active content and they'll be available long before eBays policy goes into effect.

I hope that helps and please let me know if you have any further question, I'm glad to help.

Sincerely,
Natasha

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.