Skip to main content

I hate new tech..either it's me, or it's buggy, or both. I choose one of the new templates, but my pics are not shown after I choose so I can't tell what it looks like. I have to choose it, save it, and preview it that way which is a huge hassle. Is it supposed to be this way or am I missing a step? And can we no longer modify picture placement? When I click the modify link only the same screen comes up with no way to change anything. Lastly, are we now unable to choose any of the old templates? It's taking me a half hout just to try to change a template, I will never accomplish anything this way...thanks for any clarification.

EDIT-I finally picked one but in the Seller Details section the text id not centered, it's over to the right...not really a big deal but it doesn't look right.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi member_8880

The new Template Selector is a little different from the old template system, however you can still preview the picture placement when choosing your template & yes, not all, but many of the new template designs do come with picture placement customization options.

To preview the template layout with different # of images:
Click to "Select a Template", then click on a template you like. The Select Template window will show you a little preview of the template. You'll see gray "Product Image" place holder images in the template preview(which will be filled in with your listing's images once posted to eBay). Use the "Image" drop down, to choose how many of your images you want displayed in your template, and that will show you an example of what the Template layout will look like. Additionally, some templates come with a "Layout" option where you can customize the placement of the images in that template.

"Layout" / Picture placement options:
Many of our new templates do come with "Layout" options, however not all of them. The "Skin" option allows you choose the color scheme of the template, and when you see the option to choose a "Layout" on a template, that means you can specify the picture placement. Because of the responsive design of these templates the customization options differ depending on the design. But you'll find many of the templates in the "Abstract" category have many different "Skin" options, and the templates in the "eBay Specific" category have many "Layout"/picture placement options.

New listings posted to eBay will be using the new template designs. However Saved Listings that use an old template will still contain those old templates & you can still post those saved listings using the older templates–but you go to modify, or change that template you will need to pick one of the new ones.

Also, if you'd like to quickly and easily update the template within your listings in bulk you can! Here's how:
1. From Auctiva's Saved Listing page, select all of the listings you would like to apply a new template to.
2. Click the "Advanced Edit" button at the top of the page.
3. In the Advanced Edit window, click the Field drop down menu and select "Listing Template".
4. Select "All" for Find Listing Template.
5. Then, click the "Select Template" button to choose the new template you'd like to use.
6. Once you've selected the new template, click "Continue" on the Advanced Edit window.
7. Review the changes and click "Confirm Selected Listings".
8. Once the update is complete, a confirmation message will display reflecting the updates–then click "Done".
Now when you post those Saved Listings they'll be using the new Listing Template you selected.

Let me know if this has helped answered your question or if you need any more clarification.

Sincerely,
Natasha
Hello member_8880

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into difficulty.

Are you using a custom template? There are some elements of the templates area that are a bit different for custom templates than non custom templates. While we did release a change to the selector so for a standard template, if you select your images prior to adding a template to a listing, the selector will shift to incorporate the number of images you have selected, however, this is not yet the case when using a custom template.

For custom templates you currently need to select the exact number of images to be displayed in your listing and if you've told the selector to use more than you have selected, you would see gray boxes such as you have described. This is currently being looked into by our engineers and we expect to have it resolved in the near future.

If you are not using a custom template and continue to encounter this issue, please file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know a few examples from your Saved Listings where this is occurring and if there are particular templates where you run into this, please let us know which ones and we'll be happy to look into it.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.