Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi- also, is it available on US. I have tried to find info. on but can't seem to locate. Also, IF we do have and I have missed, i guess you add the ap and are ready to list? if you have newer ipad that you can I think they call it talk to text your listing??? On ebay you can??? Would assume you can If auctiva offers for US???? Any info on this???

Thanks for any help on this.
Hello

Thanks for contributing to our forum. We do offer a mobile app called "Auctiva" through the App Store that is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, but it can currently only be used to create listings for the eBay.com (US) website. We may expand the mobile app to support posting to other eBay sites in the future though.

The mobile app does not contain all the functionality that is available on the Auctiva.com website, but it does allow sellers to create listings and upload images through these mobile devices and either post them directly to eBay or send them to Auctiva.com as saved listings.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Am looking at this on my iphone. When I click the page it shows loading....then a pop up says:

Auctvia.com credentials must be supplied on the settings tab and then bar that says OK. I click the OK and loading comes back on. If i keep messing with it it will let me do title, description and couple of other things, BUT will not let me choose category or do shipping profile and not sure what else. How do we do this credentials. I went to phone settings trying to find an auctiva icon and can't locate one.? I have iphone 4 if that helps???

ALso, will we be able to do multi-variation listings on iphone/ipad??? Put in templates?? Since I can't load everything obviously do not know these answers yet??

Is there a tutorial on this?? If so I can review it, but I can't locate one.
Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi lookandbuyme,

Once you have launched the mobile app, just click the "Settings" tab along the bottom of the page and, assuming you are not already logged in, you should see an interface labeled "Auctiva.com Login" which prompts you to enter the username and password associated with your Auctiva.com account.

From there, just enter your credentials in the provided fields and click the green "Login" button and you should be logged into the app. At that point, you should see "Hi, lookandbuyme" across the top of the "Settings" page.

After you are logged in, you should then be able to click the reach the listing creation page by clicking the “Listings” tab along the bottom of the page and then clicking the “Create Listing” option.

You should be able to select the eBay category you would like to list to and enter all other required information when creating listings through the app, but it is not currently possible to select templates nor create multi variation listings through the mobile app.

I hope this helps!

-Mike
Thanks....got that. Surprised I was able to create listings before that....just could not get certain fields. Anyway. . . another question.

IF we send them to auctiva and NOT ebay first we can throw multiples in the listing right??? AND add a template?? Then launch them to ebay???

Thanks

(i.e. create via phone, send to auctiva, revise to add template in auctiva and then launch?).
Question..again.

In listing Womens Clothing shoes and accessories and other womens (have not checked others) ...the drop downs appear to be all scrambled (not in alphabetical order or order auctiva site has? which creates confusion and added "where's waldo" feel. Am I missing something, do I need to update something? IF not any way these may be put in order same as on computer listing? Sooo much easier to find if all standard.

Also, sure this is crazy question...but why can't you just log into auctiva same as you would on computer and list items using same features auctiva has? I am sure auctiva is not only site that limits this and am sure there is a reason..but figure would ask anyway. As is obvious, I am NOT a computer expert by any means.
Thanks
Hi lookandbuyme,

No, you are not missing anything. I just reviewed the category selection interface within the Auctiva mobile app and confirmed that the category options are not alphabetized like they are on the regular Auctiva.com website. I have made note of this and we will look into the possibility of alphabetizing those options within the mobile app for a future update.

While it is certainly possible to navigate to the Auctiva.com website through Safari on your iPad, there are a number of known issues that will likely prevent you from being able to use the regular site at the moment. Most notably, an error message will likely be generated when you attempt to access the Login page.

We currently hope to be able to update the Auctiva.com website such that sellers will be able to use it effectively through the iPad in the future, but there is a good deal of work to be done before we get to that point and I'm not sure when we may be able to reach that goal at the moment.

-Mike
I have not tried again since my last note, to use all functions on phone.

But did notice on facebook that there was note that auctiva put announcement about it on there.

My question...is this up to par yet?
I am surprised this is being announced on facebook, since it last time I checked, obvious that it was not as functional as it is made to sound at this point?

Now if someone who lists 5 - 15 things a month this may be fine...but for active listers...very weak to say the least and a great time hog looking through sub-categories that are scrambled, no templates, and no multi-variations. There could be other things...I just quit using after realizing this was going to be a time-hog rather than saver.

IDEA SUPER!!! Function???? Not feeling it for me at this point.
Hi lookandbuyme,

We have not released a new version of our mobile app since our last correspondence on the subject so the functionality is the same now as it was when you were testing it out in July. Specifically, it is still not possible to add Auctiva template and variations to listings through the app and categories may not be alphabetized like on our standard website.

I am not aware of any immediate plans to release a new version of the mobile app but, as long as you have it installed on your phone or iPad, you should be automatically notified through the App Store any time an update is available.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.