Skip to main content

i get this when i try & list can anyone tell me whats wrong i did recently change my ebay password so i then got a new token from auctiva but this still doesnt help.

API ERROR
The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be breaching eBay policy.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Same error message for 30 listings! Try this go to the saved listings. Look up at the top and to the far right you will see a button to capture the HTML for each listing. Click that and a window will come up that you can "select all" (this will take the pics, text, and templates). Then go to Ebay and post your listing. It will look just like an Auctiva listing. I did this and used the identical Title Listing (just in case it was over the character limit or Ebay found fault with it) and Ebay accepted my listing. After one week, Auctiva still dosen't know what the problem is. I ended up going back and doing this for half of those listings. I tried to post the half recently and same API error message. Looks like I will have to post them all with cut and past.
The world wide web has been dragging lately. I would have to presume it is due to a lot of traffic. If you have been looking at websites lately, the pages load slow or not at all with errors. Ebay search doing the same thing yesterday for me.

The only other thing it can be is that your auction profiles have errors and you can check that at the bottom of each auction. Mine used to do it off a master profile, simply for something like not selecting the kind of shipping packaging type.
We are getting this message when posting auctions (whether it be immediate postings or scheduled listings).

"API Error

eBay has not posted your item due to title, description, and/or eBay policy violation. Please contact Auctiva support for more information on why your listing has failed to post."

Contacted eBay Stores Representative, and they assured us our account is fine and no problems are coming from eBay's end.

Any input and/or advice? Our email is sales@eargearinc.com (my name is Theodore) if anyone could contact me personally about this.

We are in high hopes of resolving this promptly.
Im new to Auctiva, as a powerseller on two accounts thought id use it to save on fees etc, after around 70 scheduled posings half of them failed because of this API Error, noted they were all 1 day listings, so i looked what Auctiva would let me do what Ebay would not. Turned out that now Ebay does not allow payment by cheque/p.o for 1 day listings, just paypal. On Auctiva i was ticking this as an accepted method for the one day listing, and still passes the Auctiva error check. By unticking this box and reposting, PRESTO!! They all listed!! I know there will be more reasons for this error msg, but this solution worked for me so may help someone else.
I had this error message come up and the reason was because I had tried to charge postage in a category that Ebay have ruled to be post free

Changing the category sorted out the problem but the fact remains that if you perform an error check within Auctiva that problem is not picked up so the error check facility in Auctiva is useless and just a waste of time

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.