Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have no plans on being a budding entrepeneur. I did find your article interesting.

I took a little offense with the bold statement "Remember, it doesn't matter what you want to sell, it only matters what your buyer wants to buy." Not always true. I have bought to sell for years and years. Online auctions are merely another version of the weekend markets (for me). The only differences are; less hassle (if you don't include all the photoing etc), lower costs (remember it ain't just stall holder fees but fuel and often equipment hire), selling when you want to day or night rather than dictated times. Less pressure less thieves oh and much much less FUN.

I do buy things that I like in order to onsell them. This works for me, if I buy something that I know is popular but I don't like it I find it doesn't sell as well. Perhaps because I don't knowas much about it. Buyers are not dumb, if they think you are genuinely enthusiastic about your product they will bid on it. I have people who email me and say let me know if you have a bag you think I would like. They do that because they have seen what I sell and like my taste.

In conclusion, I don't disagree with you but it goes two ways. Yes the buyer must 'want to buy it' but it does not hurt one iota to actually like what you are selling.
Cheers Marian.
I must agree you need to sell items people want to buy first. If not you are not really going to make any money.

To be truely happy you need to be selling items you like and what people are looking for. I happen to be fortunate that I'm selling items I enjoy and have a market.

I was able to do this by using some free tools to find what people are looking for in a niche I enjoy. Doing this research has allowed me to be able to do both things.

Do your research and I'm sure you will be able to do the same too.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.