Skip to main content

The last two days I have selected gallery plus in my Auctiva listings and didn't notice anything was wrong in the way it posted to eBay until I searched for my items. When I moused over the image, it would not enlarge and I would see an error message about picture not loading.

I posted new listings and old listings I had used previously and it happened with all of them. Ebay's fix was to say, "working with outside photo imaging sites is always a problem." They suggested that I fix it by going into their "Change your gallery Pictures" link on their site map. When I did this, all I had to do was highlight the original Auctiva link and click change and done, it fixed the problem.

This has never happened before the changes to eBay were made. It is very time consuming to have to do this for each listing where I want gallery plus to appear in search.

Perhaps if Auctiva has meetings with eBay, this could be a topic to be discussed. Auctiva help told me I was the only complaint they received.

Has anyone else experienced this or is my computer possed???? LOL!!!

Thanks.
Lynn
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
having

Over the last six days, while creating new listings, I have had problems images not being present in the new listing. When the scheduled listing was posted to eBay, two listing were complete, one had no picture in the listing header, and about six had the green little square where the picture should have been.

What is going on?

I have a eBay winner on the telephone that says the Auctiva checkout is not working. It gets to the Auctiva screen just after the select for item for payment, with the next screen being insurance / approval screen; but te program circles back to the paymsnt selection screeen.

Why?
Lynn, I'm having same problem with Enlarge Gallery Photos, (Or Gallery Plus). Mine started about four days ago when I posted one auction. I was checking the auction and noticed it has the enlarge feature. When I moused over it, it said "Error Loading Image." The funny part is, I didn't check to receive this additional feature it just attached itself to my auction when I listed through Auctiva.

I wrote Ebay and they haven't responded so I decided if I had to pay for a feature I didn't ask for, it had better work.

I clicked on revise item and opened the add photo. Then I clicked on the Enhanced Ebay photo. It will automatically let you add a photo for free. I added one through Ebay and that solved the problem. However, I agree with you, it's a lot of trouble to go through and I've had to do it twice on the same auction because it didn't last.

You'd think with all the time everyone spends on "Making Selling on Ebay Easier" and their tools more compatible, they could have worked out this problem. It is too much trouble and I don't like being made to take a feature I didn't select in the first place.

While we're on the subject... why can't they do something about the "Counter" feature too?? I have to edit everyone of my auctions to add the Ebay counter because the Sellathon counter doesn't work well... Thanks for listening and I hope we get some help on this subject. Best regards, Lee
JLee -
Not that I am glad to hear that you were having that problem also, but at least I feel better knowing that maybe my computer isn't possed! Wink

I didn't add a new picture from eBay, I just highlighted the auctiva link and selected change and it fixed the problem. The only time it went away was on one auction when I had to go back into eBay's edit mode. It disappeared and never came back. I used the walk around to fix it. Last time I looked they were still okay. I wonder if it is happening because we go into the edit mode to select eBay's counter after it posts. Maybe it has something to do with it, but I've always done this in the past and never had that problem.

It's funny that you mention that you didn't select gallery plus in eBay because, I believe one or two of the ones I listed didn't have it selected. Not sure about this though. One I deliberately left it off as a test and I still had the same problem in eBay when I selected it through their edit mode. That one would not accept the walk around right away.

I agree with you about the counter. I, too, go back and select eBay's counter. Neither eBay's counter or Auctiva's are really accurate, but you can always find an average number in between and asume that is the amount of hits you have had. Confused

I opened a support case and Mike has been working on it. If he doesn't stop by here, I will let you know what he finds out.
Lynn
Jlee - Actually, I am having to fix it every day also.

I just heard back from Mike in support and this is this response:

"Update - I just heard back from our technical team regarding this matter and it appears that the changes eBay made on 2/20/08 changed the way this information should be transmitted. Our engineering department is currently working on a fix for this issue and we anticipate having it resolved some time tomorrow.

So, hopefully it will be fixed today.
Well, Mike, I am back and the link is breaking again in the gallery plus mode. I filed a support request. The link only appears to break, if you go in and edit the listing for any reason. When you search for the item after editing, you get the message "error loading pictures" when you mouse over the image to get it to enlarge.

If you don't go in and edit the listing, the link does NOT break.

Please assist again.

Thanks.
Lynn
Hi,

Was having the Error message on Gallery Plus too. Worked with ebaY tech support this morning for problem auction submitted last night, and was passed to their image support team this morning.

They gave me a simple procedure to reload/refresh the image that worked after two attempts. I just posted the procedure in this Forum thread.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/838609941/m/7791042372

Bottom line... it appears there is a problem with connecting to Auctiva server.

For the Auctiva Folks, my auction number is 200204986007; so you can back-track to see which server isn't always syncing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

Dan
bc1984,

Didn't see problems with incorrect pictures on gallery on my Monday night submission, but did have one picture that the Auctiva server apparently wouldn't load. That caused failure on the Gallery Plus pop-up (as previously noted on prior post).

I posted the procedure for reloading/refreshing the gallery picture on another thread in this Forum. Just follow link on my prior post in this thread. You can use that procedure from ebay Image Support Group to fix the problem gallery pics.

You might want to recheck your Auctiva listing to see that you correctly selected the pictures for the header and the gallery (gallery is a separate selection). It's possible that failing to make the selection for gallery on the lister is the error that leads to wrong picture, now that ebay is providing a free gallery pic. Just a thought.....

Dan

Oh....I've also seen a "bug" in the Auctiva Lister (over year ago) that using a different header pic than gallery can cause wrong pic. I don't know if that bug still exists, but is another possible cause.
Hi bc1984,

When eBay made their set of changes that included the gallery image being free on 2/20/08, they also made a change that prevents sellers from submitting separate gallery and header images in their listings. We are going to update our lister page as to no longer imply this can be done in the near future.

In the mean time, whatever image you enter in the "Select an Image" box labeled "Header Image" will be submitted to eBay as both the header image and the gallery image. Similarly, if you relist any listings that used to have separate gallery images, the header image will be used as both the gallery and header image.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please file a support request using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.