Skip to main content

I am trying to upload bulk images. A window comes up saying "The activeX control has not been installed. Please click on this link to install the activeX uploader from the image uploader page." When I click on it the same box keeps coming up. I have updated my IE to #8 and still does not responds. Any suggestions out there? Thanks. Togasignman
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi togasignman,

You'll need to run IE8 in IE7 compatibility mode to operate with Auctiva.

IE8 just emerged from Beta a few weeks ago as a Release Candidate. It should go to final release in next 90 days. Web sites will have to redo their page code to operate with the new browser, and that takes time. Most sites won't start that process until a new browser is final in its design.

Hopefully, Auctiva will give us the go-ahead when they are ready to support IE8.

Danno
Hi D.J.,

ActiveX comes with the IE browser. ActiveX is a Microsoft feature that allows download and install of applets. Auctiva is using an applet to do do image upload. That applet needs to install for that to work. When you click on the Auctiva Uploader link you should get prompted to install the ActiveX applet.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.